World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a week on Bird Island in the Seychelles and went out with Clive the resident fisherman and caught this. Unfortunately they seem to be a fairly self sufficient bunch and so didnt operate catch and release.
If they can grill it they kill it. Caught quite a few tuna and bonitos as well great mornings fishing

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watcha Snige, havent been to the shingle yet this year. Give me a ring one of these nights, you and H better get over for a bite and and a glass of beer

G

·
Yeah it probably is in the wrong section but what the hell, thats some nice fish, would have loved to see it go back..but...not all the world see things the same way and you have to respect how other people do things when in there country, (wish it was like that here) at least it never went to waste, once again well done, how did you find the bonito's, i had one in fuerteventura and it went like a train on drugs lol
Regards, Rob.

·
Registered
889 Posts
To be fair to the staff at Bird Island Lodge, they basically run a nature reserve of the island and the surrounding reef. The only human impact is one small fishing boat which goes out to catch dinner with a handline even if there are no clients. The total impact is very low, and there's no netting or longlining. It's pretty sustainable.

Incidentally, the fishing on Bird is excellent both on the boat and from the shore. My species count from the beach was around 30 on my last visit, with various emperors, snapper, guitarfish, small shark, grouper and jacks being the highlights. I'm not a fluff-chucker myself but I also had some cracking bonefish to baits and spinners. There's no guide but you can get more holiday for your money than you could on Alphonse or Cosmoledo, and personally I really enjoyed having the chance to explore the fishing on my own.

·
Registered
236 Posts
amazing fish, i caught mine in kenya 2 years ago, apparently, or so ive been told they are the fastest preditor in the water

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Need a ramble on the East Bank?
He's away on holiday Buzzer, so we can go in the Datsun, i've nicked the keys!
I was out your way tonight at Intwood farms BTW, nearly popped in. When are we going?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Yo Snige
I'm up for it whenever you are chap, give me a tinkle when you get a chance,
Buzzer
Yo Buzzer, John Buoy is having a look tonight. Wind swung NNE uping F4.
They'll be too much colour off the beach he reckons as the swell comes.
Not ideal. We'll have a go when it's right.
Good for a bait chuck though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts