World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of these lures from Savage Gear? Looks like an excellent flats lure, and they claim (I'm taking it with a pinch of salt at the moment) that the body is relatively resistant to toothy fish. I don't think they designed it for tropical use though. Am thinking of taking a few to the Seychelles with me in March to see how they fare. Not expecting any of them to be useable on my return!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Ullo Timmer, just had a quick look at the video. The action seems a bit exaggerated to me, more tadpole than mullet, but it'll be worth a try I'd imagine. Sometimes, when the mullet shoal up around the Guillermo pier in their thousands the predators seem less discriminatory. Let us know how you do ... looks an interesting lure and I'm tending towards plastics more and more overseas.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree the action looks a bit extreme, but if its anything like their "line-thru trout" which I've used a bit for uk freshwater predators, it probably calms down a bit when you retrieve it more slowly. I'm hoping that the "wake" version is basically a suspending bait, which might be able to be twitched slowly across the flats.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Timmer

I have not used the Mullet but I have used the TPE 3D Shrimp which I assume is the same sort of construction. Very realistic with amazing action but fragile and I had the tail nipped off at least one. If the Mullet are the same then they are segmented with sort of string/dental floss running through them.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like it's gonna get destroyed then! I'll maybe take one just to see, but not pin too much hopes on bringing it back with me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts