World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received some freshwater brochures through the post and am bamboozled / perplexed at the cost of sunglasses. £200???? surely not.

Masterline sent me a catalogue and I like the look of the rapala glasses but it seem they're wholesale only and cant find a general retailer.

Sportfish are just outrageously priced.

Does anyone have recommendations for a decent pair of polarized sunglasses suitable for plugging/general summer fishing which i can wear without looking a tit. I dont mind paying a bit if they're worth it but dont want to splash out if its all just a gimmick

Please move this post to the spinning forum if appropriate.

Cheers

Stuart

M

·
0 Posts
Shimano do a range, as do Fox. Around £20 to £50 is all you'll be paying.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I got some scirrea ones back along from my local tackle shop and they are fine.I would ask your local tackle shop if you can look at there catalouges and see if he will get some in for you ,failing that look in some fly fishing catalouges tightlines is the best they have some in all price ranges and are quality.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
look beyound tackle dealers , just be sure to get horizontal polarised ones not vertical , i got a pair of oakley from tk max £15 original price £65 (orage /red wrap arounds on lanyard )
check polarisation by looking at some glare and turning them on their side if the glare apears on side theyre good if it goes away forget it
angling ones are polarised properly but some not designed for driving cycling sports are vertical and no use for looking into water
ive seen ones in our local dealer for £6 wrap arounds aswell (they cut out light from the side and combined with a hat of some some sort double the effect btw )

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi ,ive got a fox pair and Matt hayes pair both only about £20 each.If you really like the masterline/rapala ones any good tackle shop that has a account with masterline should order them for you,or give Harris sports mail a go (as above)they do loads of rapala items and have a good mail order service.

all the best
SD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts