how much they are?
the sizes?
how you fish with them?
and
what you catch with them?
thanks
beefcake

#2 ·
I fish them just like a jelly worm - on a fluorocarbon snood flowing from a 10 inch running boom with a 4-6oz weight.

Snood length is determined by tide strength and how many are on the boat ( to avoid tangles ).

I prefer using an uptide rod for this type of fishing as it's easier to flick out ( if casting is allowed ). Drop the rig to the bottom then wind up 20-40 turns slowly - drop down and repeat - best over wrecks or fish holding feature.

Hook less shads can be boat from most tackle shops or e-bay and are fairly cheap - so losing them doesn't dent the pocket. The most like are the 'wild eye' types - originally by Storm but other manufacturers are now doing copies. These are slightly weighted and have a fixed hook which protrudes from the top of the lure - helps keep them from fouling on wrecks and weed - cost is usually £5.99 for 6 - again cheaper on e-bay or shopping around.

Usual sizes 4-6 inches - had pollock, cod, ling on them also suspect they would be good for big coalfish.

Attachments

#3 ·
Hi Spellbound,

I had a 2lb Red Gurnard on a 4" white Storm Shad yesterday!!! I was amazed to say the least.

Cheers

Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.