World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys..

Looking to buy this rod.. mainly to target flatties and the length to give that flexibility over distance.

Has anyone ever used or test one? What is the tip like? I need something that i will see a dabs breathing next to the bait lol..

Can someone give me a feedback please?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Agility are ok, a bit like a Ford Focus. I have two in the agility range that get abused regularly.

Other options - going flattie and assuming the lead required is light enough:
* Vecelli Superfast 420 100-200g
* TronixPro Viper GT light

There was a Q on the conti Facebook group about this very Thing ;)

I've got a superfast for flattie hunting but yet to use it- previously I've used a 20-50g agility spinning rod with a 2-3oz grip lead where it will just get 10-20m (well overloaded). Worked but wanted more range, and the Unabomber 450i have is a little overkill!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Be interested in this post...looking at the same rod to pair with a 15' shimano Speedcast.....also considering the TFG all-rounder at 16' and multi tips. Not sure if that's a bit too long though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agility are ok, a bit like a Ford Focus. I have two in the agility range that get abused regularly.

Other options - going flattie and assuming the lead required is light enough:
* Vecelli Superfast 420 100-200g
* TronixPro Viper GT light

There was a Q on the conti Facebook group about this very Thing ;)

I've got a superfast for flattie hunting but yet to use it- previously I've used a 20-50g agility spinning rod with a 2-3oz grip lead where it will just get 10-20m (well overloaded). Worked but wanted more range, and the Unabomber 450i have is a little overkill!!
Same question? You sure? Hehehehe . I wish i could afford a pair of superfast or the viper... not sure whats the wiser option.

1) carry on using carp rod, save up then get the viper. Or

2) give the Shakespeare a go and see how i get on.. if its no good then use it for float fish casting yards out (being 15ft).

·
Registered
798 Posts
ive used the Agility travel 2-4oz bass rod, all over, from cuba to africa, always washed it with fresh water after use and still going strong

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Tf Gear Delta Allrounder 16ft is a good rod for the money. Comes with 3 tips of 3oz, 4oz and 5oz and casts weights of 1-4oz a very long way with little effort. Its also very light. Bite detection is great, but not in the wind, it bounces around like its got a sugar rush! Got a sliding reel seat too. Great rod for the money.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've got 2 Agility 12ft 9 fixed spool rods (3 piece) which I sometimes use rather than my centurys.At least they fit into my MG and have NO regrets with them. They are well made and IMO a bargain.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did you ever get one, in considering getting one myself soon as all I currently have are two 12' beachcasters, so I want a bit more distance. I'd like to get 2 conti rods one for light stuff and one for heavy.

I'm looking at cinnetic cross power 420 or 450 for the heavier stuff so want something a bit cheaper for the lighter stuff and this seems to fit the bill but not many reviews as far as I can see.

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you ever get one, in considering getting one myself soon as all I currently have are two 12' beachcasters, so I want a bit more distance. I'd like to get 2 conti rods one for light stuff and one for heavy.

I'm looking at cinnetic cross power 420 or 450 for the heavier stuff so want something a bit cheaper for the lighter stuff and this seems to fit the bill but not many reviews as far as I can see.

Cheers

Hello mate.. sorry for the late reply. I was struggling to access my account. but yes I did get a pair, I found them nice for really light work.. Cast anything more than 4oz + bait would be a problem.. I have tried lobbing 4oz + bait quite hard and hear a crack, but the rod did not snap (first time use) maybe it was normal...

the way forward is braid... 10lb whith a tapered shockleader 3 ounce.. would make an awsome plaice (smaller species ) rod.

·
Registered
139 Posts
No worries I know it's an older thread.

Cool that's exactly what I'm after just something to put a small lead and bait out. I have 2 12ft heavy beachcasters for the heavier stuff. And like I said I'm looking at getting a heavier surf rod as well maybe the heavier model if this if they're any good, I think they're 4 - 8 oz. if not something like the cinnetic.

Do you get much more distance with them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts