World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just writing to see if anyone is using the salt beach rods as i liked the look of them just wanted to no if they are any good pros and cons ect look forward to hearing you views

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Hi mate, I have got the Salt FS to be honest has'nt had much use, but when it has been used it performed very well.
Imho well worth the £55.00 i paid for it.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
had a play with the salt travel six piece and there pretty good rods ,

my mate jason{madazrex} has 2 and he's really happy with them i'm picking 1 up on fri i thought they were that good ...........

tightlines......................daz

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
great for the price. but my tip ring broke after a month :cry:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
has anyone tried the bass version of this range?
iv had a play and they seem ok to tide me over,can anyone shed anymore light on this for me please?:icecream:

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah they do peform quite well

BUT 1 HAS JUST SNAPPED ON ME TODAY:uhuh:!!!!!!!!!

the tip snapped of about the last 7 inches of it just from bringing in a bit of weed which wern't even that heavy

does any1 now if they come with warranty as the rod is only about 3 months old

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the help on the salt beach rods just got one from rovers i got the 12 foot mx one do not like the coasters it comes with might get one of them sliding screw fitting at the weekend is there anyone in the portsmouth area with a secondhand ian golds 6ft tripod for sale many thanks steve

·
Registered
3,027 Posts

the tip snapped of about the last 7 inches of it just from bringing in a bit of weed which wern't even that heavy

is this the bass version or the beach rod mate?:g:

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

:clap2:Take it to where you bought it and they should be happy to change it.:clap2:

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
i've been using the salt mpv(the multi purpose one) for estuary and bass fishing and also for spinning and float fishing.
it's a cracking rod and for the price i cant recommend it enough

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
has anyone tried the bass version of this range?
iv had a play and they seem ok to tide me over,can anyone shed anymore light on this for me please?:icecream:
I have the bass one bought it coz it won't get a lot of use for most of the fishing I do so didn't want to spend to much.
I absolutely love it tho! Obviously you can't expect it to be up there with Greys, Century etc but for the money its a cracking rod!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've got the 10' SALT spin and on a session with grizzly it was working well as a lightweight bait rod - could cast 3oz pretty well. It's also ideal for plugs and feathers and long enough to avoid the snags.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
hi just writing to see if anyone is using the salt beach rods as i liked the look of them just wanted to no if they are any good pros and cons ect look forward to hearing you views

I have the mx 13. I think its a great rod. The ceramic eyes could be better but you get what you pay for. The first eye on my rod chiped after about 8-10 sessions. Sent it off to shakespeare who sent me back a brand new bottom section of rod and payed my postage. In my opinion shakespeare can not be beaten for customer service. I just wish the rod had the ali oxide shock rings.

·
Registered
342 Posts
took my broken rod into where i bought it from today then realised i forgot my wallet and he was putting a new fuji eye on my conoflex rod come back and he had sanded the salt and just put a new eye on about 6 inches down
so i said to him NO i want a new section its only 2 months old and he said that rods dont just break themselves so i explained that it broke reeling in a bit of weed and he just shrugged n said he will call shakespeare when he isnt busy unbeliveable!!!!!:nonono:

so wondered if any1 had the shakespeare customer services number:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
took my broken rod into where i bought it from today then realised i forgot my wallet and he was putting a new fuji eye on my conoflex rod come back and he had sanded the salt and just put a new eye on about 6 inches down
so i said to him NO i want a new section its only 2 months old and he said that rods dont just break themselves so i explained that it broke reeling in a bit of weed and he just shrugged n said he will call shakespeare when he isnt busy unbeliveable!!!!!:nonono:

01527 510570, and have a look on here http://www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk/index.php?page=customer

tightlines...................daz

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

:clap3:That is disgraceful as I know Shakespeare would have replaced the rod. Here is their exchange number and ask for customer services and explain what happened. I've PM'd it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts