World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at one of these to use instead of the tripod when only fishing one rod as I only really fish sandy beaches.
Just wondered if anyone uses them and how reliable they are?
Thought its just easier to handle than the tripod when there's a long walk to a venue etc

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm far from an expert but I use similar for when I go occasionally. Used in shingle and had no issues with getting it in or staying put so for one rod, it works just fine for me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had an Ian Golds monopod since last year, used it couple of weeks ago for first time. Was using light 12ft rod moving up and down beach. Liked it, tried it at slightly different angles, it stayed in wet sand no bother. I guess they all do similar job. I'll be using it again.

·
Registered
19,588 Posts
Been looking at one of these to use instead of the tripod when only fishing one rod as I only really fish sandy beaches.
Thought its just easier to handle than the tripod when there's a long walk to a venue etc
:) I used them in Namibia with 14ft rods, no problem. :)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I always use a sand spike when fishing 1 rod. A lot less to carry about. I have used one in sand, shingle and jammed between rocks with no problem. Fishing a single rod always seems so much more relaxing.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts