World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using the zedlite flattie rod for spinning and float fishing for a few years now and liked it that much i bought another. I saw someone with a zedlite bass and now i am after a couple, but cant find one never mind two.
Spoke to someone who says the odessey bass is the same blank ? but i just found a quadra flattie that is the mirror image of my zedlite??????????????
Can anyone shed some light on these rods and where i can find the bass ones

G

·
Got both Quarzlite(zedlite) and the Odessa, totally different blanks, the Quarz has got a superb tip action, it was made from the quarzlite carbon that only Shakespeare could only get, one of the all time best bass rods in my opinion, if only they had done a bigger beach version.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Been using the zedlite flattie rod for spinning and float fishing for a few years now and liked it that much i bought another. I saw someone with a zedlite bass and now i am after a couple, but cant find one never mind two.
Spoke to someone who says the odessey bass is the same blank ? but i just found a quadra flattie that is the mirror image of my zedlite??????????????
Can anyone shed some light on these rods and where i can find the bass ones
I got the Quartzlite Bass with the blue velvet rod bag, realy is a beutiful rod with a lovely action. Altho i don,t use it very much only on the odd occasion when wrasse fishing which i havn,t done this year. Thinking i may move it on but i would have to have a replacement like a Zziplex Bass or TT Ultralite.....A

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have two zedlite flattie rods. I might sell now. I have so many lure rods and continental rods, they dont get used. But will I kick myself once they are gone?

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
My zedlite bass rods have alps sic lite single legs now. The very nice soft tip action made the single legs a no brainer for me and they bounce well if dropped unlike the rigid twin leg ones. More rustproof than fuji and very lightweight.

Very glad I changed them, mine is rung in the original positions 30mm-12mm and the reel seats dropped down the but a good few inches as I use fixed spool and these rads are so good they were worth making the effort for. I got rid of my daiwa hpsb as these are better rods for what I use them for, they are every bit as good with 4oz as the are with 3 whereas I found the daiwa running out of steam a bit with 4oz. Superb bits of kit.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have odessa bass zedlite bass & zedlite flattie rods odessa & zedlite are different altogether ill add some photos when I get chance

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ye the Odessa is fake carbon weave, if you strip it back.
I bought the Odessa bass, and it's in the shed, never to be used.
Will give it to someone that can't needs a rod, and will appreciate it.

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
Sorry no pics, my last camera went for a swim off a cliff and I never bothered replacing it.

Not a lot to see really anyway. I did it myself and don't do glittery wraps and lots of high build. Alps sic lites are dark grey rings, they are whipped on with black thread with just enough build to seal and protect the thread. I rubbed the blanks down with fine steel wool so they are now matte and added orange tip tape as I find orange the most visible when used in daylight. The main change was dropping the reel seats well down the blank for fixed spool use and adding low profile duplon grips designed for carp rods, one at the butt just in front of a pac bay but cap, one just behind and one in front of the reel seat, these were then all covered in diamond shrinkwrap so give a good grip in all weathers and with the sanded blank make for a rod that really just doesn't show marks up with use. Very dull to look at but superb tools for the job as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am always looking to by any zedlites. Just picked up a multi-tip for course fishing. It's in a new condition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the Quartzlite Bass with the blue velvet rod bag, realy is a beutiful rod with a lovely action. Altho i don,t use it very much only on the odd occasion when wrasse fishing which i havn,t done this year. Thinking i may move it on but i would have to have a replacement like a Zziplex Bass or TT Ultralite.....A
you wont go far wrong with a zippy bass. i got the bass CT Version. its a lovely slim lightweight rod and can also cast 5oz if you want but its best with 4 to 4.5oz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts