World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Shared fishing holiday

940 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  marktheshark 
#1 ·
Hiya

I'm looking to plan a fishing holiday and would be keen on meeting like minded people.
I am interested in lure fishing and I am quite flexible with locations as long as it is nearish a major airport.
I like to catch small pelagic species and ideally organise it as a DIY.
Shore fishing, renting boats from locals has always been personally more satisfying than paying for a charter to do the work for me!
I have fished a couple of days shore in Lazarote last month - but I was only catching small bonito (I will put this post in europe section as well).
Maldives earlier this year was good for small tuna and trevally from shore - but I was finding it hard to fish the drop offs without getting very wet.

If any one has any suggestions or is keen to look into somethings let me know.

Dan

#3 ·
I've just done exactly this sort of trip in Antigua. Fishing local beaches and small-boat inshore, using light spinning gear and lures, staying in self-catering and feeding myself with what I caught (and I didn't have to eat a single barracuda either!). Quite agree - there's something very satisfying about this sort of DIY holiday.
There's a lot of places you can do this, and some, sadly, where it's now a PITA to get to, such as Cayo Guillermo, Cuba, but: Florida, Curacao, Western Australia (Exmouth), Pacific Mexico, Tobago and parts of Malaysia and Indonesia spring to mind. All you have to do is read Dai Kent's reports in the stickied posts at the top of this forum to get inspiration and a wish-list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.