World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant really describe how stunned and pleased i am at catching this so im gona keep it simple, had a shark trip yesterday aboard white waters 4 skippered by andrew alsop ( aka shark gordon ) caught a 201lb porbeagle shark which giv me the most insane fight i hav ever experienced it run for like 10 mins without stopping, took a sweaty 45 mins 2 land and was pure power all the way through, the strength on the thing is unbelievable and was runing all over the place landed it on 20-30lb class tackle, also caught that day was 160lb, 137lb blue sharks and two between 40-60lb,roll on the next trip

Attachments

·
Team Keens
2,386 Posts
Cracking Pics mate. The fight must have been amazing. Would love to have a bash at them myself. Nice one. :showoff:

·
Registered
506 Posts
HOLY *****

Those fish are bigger than I am!!!

Hell of a report and pictures mate! i bet you could barely hit the keyboard after that thing!

Where do you go from to shark like that?

·
Registered
322 Posts
welldone riddler great catch thats some lbs there m8 your arms were aching a bit i am sure and with the other catches good day had by all:victory:

·
Premium Member
38,305 Posts
Great session and report, I take my hat of to the gent who was sat with the head end of the porgy on his lap :laugh: Some very nice blues there as well. Love the pink rod which landed the sun fish :laugh:

Well beyond me now days though, forty five minutes is around forty to many.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
:notworthy:clap3::notworthy Cracking shark there riddler,, i bet you were glad to get it to the boat though, ay??? Tight 'uns,, Marc..:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
I am really hacked off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Was meant to be out myself today but trip was cancelled because of a mechanical fault with the boat! Awesome fish ! Very well done !

·
Registered
875 Posts
I had the pleasure of being aboard White Water this weekend to witness the capture of two 200lb sharks on consecutive days.

Firstly, on Saturday, an angler visiting from Shropshire took a couple of decent Blues, then a Porbeagle about 80lb, but he topped off his day with a Blue shark of 41 inch girth and 95 inches long, which calculates out at smack on 200lb.

Then on Sunday, a group from The Raving Mad Idiots Angling Club kicked off with a few small Blues including fish of about 134lb and 160lb.

Then your man Riddlers latched onto the mother of all fighting machines. Fortunately he had just had lunch, and fortified by the battle rations of a Valley Commando (a ****** & onion sandwich) he did a great job to get the shark to the boat in about forty minutes. It didn't want to come in the boat, mainly because it was too big for the door, a bit like trying to get a three piece suite into my shed, but eventually we persuaded the shark to join us on the deck for a photoshoot.

Tape measurements were checked a few times and agreed at 44 inch girth and 83 inches long, which calculates out at 201 lb.

Personally, I think it was a bit heavier than that. It carried that girth throughout a lot of it's length. If I had been asked to estimate the weight without measurements, I would have said well over 200, possibly 220lb. But the measurements say 201 lb. No doubt about that.

It's a cracking fish Riddlers, well done Butt.

Pel.

ps.
The Sunfish was 58 inch girth and 5 inches long, so it's 21 lbs.

pps.
I am no longer an apprentice fishing legend.
That role has now been taken by Mr M Riddler.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I am really hacked off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Was meant to be out myself today but trip was cancelled because of a mechanical fault with the boat! Awesome fish ! Very well done !
Don't think you would have been out there today anyway VDBM.
I was supposed to be fishing with a regular group today.
We left it until this morning for skipper to decide but it was blowing a tad too strong. In fact it was blowing a hooley.
So we went kite flying instead, didn't we Ron ?

Pel.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
great photos (and no fingers in the gill slits) !

"The Raving Mad Idiots Angling Club" sounds like my sort of club !
Can I join ?

How is AA's smaller Evolution working out , now ?

Still comfortable enough, when punching a SW chop ...or coming home against a few NE wavelets ?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had the pleasure of being aboard White Water this weekend to witness the capture of two sharks in excess of 200lbs on consecutive days.

Firstly, on Saturday, an angler visiting from Shropshire took a couple of decent Blues, then a Porbeagle about 80lb, but he topped off his day with a Blue shark of 41 inch girth and 95 inches long, which calculates out at smack on 200lb.

Then on Sunday, a group from The Raving Mad Idiots Angling Club kicked off with a few small Blues including fish of about 134lb and 160lb.

Then your man Riddlers latched onto the mother of all fighting machines. Fortunately he had just had lunch, and fortified by the battle rations of a Valley Commando (a ****** & onion sandwich) he did a great job to get the shark to the boat in about forty minutes. It didn't want to come in the boat, mainly because it was too big for the door, a bit like trying to get a three piece suite into my shed, but eventually we persuaded the shark to join us on the deck for a photoshoot.

Tape measurements were checked a few times and agreed at 44 inch girth and 83 inches long, which calculates out at 201 lb.

Personally, I think it was a bit heavier than that. It carried that girth throughout a lot of it's length. If I had been asked to estimate the weight without measurements, I would have said well over 200, possibly 220lb. But the measurements say 201 lb. No doubt about that.

It's a cracking fish Riddlers, well done Butt.

Pel.

ps.
The Sunfish was 58 inch girth and 5 inches long, so it's 21 lbs.

pps.
I am no longer an apprentice fishing legend.
That role has now been taken by Mr M Riddler.
Hi pel hows the hand mate?
so are we saying that riddlers is inspired by *******:g::secret:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
was a real pleasure 2 meet u m8, and it was without doubt your culinary delights that gave me the power 2 reel the beast in, cant beat a good ****** :kissing:, still bouncing from it and cant stop looking at the photos was awsum, off 2 the tattooists next week how do u spell 'apprentice legend' in chinese :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts