World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep hearing so much now about Sharks along the coast, and was wondering.

In Africa people catch the massive Bronze sharks from the shore, has anyone ever thought of trying it from our beaches for example Chesil?

I mean, I no it would be alot longer wait for a Shark as they aren't as abundant as they are in Africa, but with the right gear. It would be quite an experience. :bb:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

In Africa people catch the massive Bronze sharks from the shore, has anyone ever thought of trying it from our beaches for example Chesil?

I mean, I no it would be alot longer wait for a Shark as they aren't as abundant as they are in Africa, but with the right gear. It would be quite an experience. :bb:
There are lots in the area,and there are plenty off food around the chesil for them,you may want to try for dolphins too!i had 3 stalking my boat near portland yesterday,no good if your fishing!harpoon em!.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are lots in the area,and there are plenty off food around the chesil for them,you may want to try for dolphins too!i had 3 stalking my boat near portland yesterday,no good if your fishing!harpoon em!.
After seeing 'THE COVE' on TV the other night, it makes me believe there probley are fisherman out there somewhere actually catching Dolphins as sport fish, it really wouldn't surprise me.

But then...if you did fish say large mackerel baits for shark, do you think you are risking either a Dolphin or Seal taking it instead?

·
Registered
326 Posts

i tryed it last month, this is how it when i just wished i lived nearer for another session! chesil beach. portland pollack/shark 3 night session 25/7/10 - 28/7/10 soundz like the perfect time right now!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts