World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite shattered this evening after doing a lot of hard graft that I did not intend doing. Went to look for crabs for bait with intention of having a session with Udderman tomorrow. My first crab hunt for ages, and what a dissapointment. Three hours work for 15 wee crabs. Reason being that almost every stone had been turned upside down, or upended like a heasdstone. Spent most of the time replacing these stones. Decided after that to have a short session for bass to the right of Southerness. Another big mistake, where have the lugworm gone ? Almost an hour to dig 20. Enough for an hours fishing I thought, but the shrimps thought otherwise, stripped in minutes. Managed to hook 2 of the little gits. So no bait for a session tomorrow, but fortunately Malky appeared on the scene just as I was about to call it a day, so I explained that instead, I will get some fish bait and we will have that session on Monday instead. I might just fish with bare hooks as I hate catching dogs, yet a stranger fish may just turn up.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,291 Posts
ulucky fella, its a it disheartening when it turns out like that, happens to us all :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
hard lines jack.

had my first crab hunt of the season last saturday and after an hour and a half had managed only 6 of usable size, millions of small ones about and a couple of large hardbacks .

good luck for monday, managed to get first fish of year on friday a small brown trout but thats my blankk broken so lookin gforward to a bumper year end lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts