World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just been in contact with sheerness docks to see if i can get permission to fish and they told me there is a club called medway ports fishing club that have sole access to the docks but the fella i need to speak to isn't there today dose anyone here know of the club or if anyone is a member can you give me some details of how to join thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi White, the bloke you need to speak to is charlie ball, he runs the club, dont have contact details - sorry, but its difficult to get into from what i hear. A few people who i know in the club dont bother fishing anywhere else because the fishing is that good in there.

G

·
yeah,not much it aint!!

done a bit in there year's ago but wern't ment to.if i could fish in there i'd go nowhere else!

good luck.

G

·
cheap i was too.£5 for a su....no..leave it!

just been offered a job where i might be working in there at times.

dunno if i'll be taking it though coz it'll have a serious impact on me fishing time.loads money but no time to spend it!:wallbash:

·
Registered
749 Posts
cheap i was too.£5 for a su....no..leave it!

just been offered a job where i might be working in there at times.

dunno if i'll be taking it though coz it'll have a serious impact on me fishing time.loads money but no time to spend it!:wallbash:
Dont do it dave, let the other silly sods drag them dutch trailers about!

G

·
Dont do it dave, let the other silly sods drag them dutch trailers about!
not,nothing like that.it's for a site maintenece firm.the docks are just one of the places i'd be working.

job sounds good,money's fantastic and i be working with a good mate of mine at times but i'd never be away from work.

the boss puts a lot of pressure on u to work weekends and bank hols etc.not worked a weekend for 5 years where i am.but,where i am might not be there for much longer.it's a tuff one.:unsure:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Job sounds like a good one dave ,it would be silly not to think about it ive been out for two years and would jump at the chance mate.

G

·
i'd take it for definate if it was not for the amount of weekend work.i dont care how many hours i do in the week,just dont want it every weekend.some of the blokes there only have 1 day a month off.thats no good to me.

my having a class one licence is a big bonus for them.my mates gonna talk to his boss about the weekends tomorrow and get back to me.

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.i'm dull enough!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
dave the money should make up for no weekends i mean it aint as if the fish have been playeing ball lately just think ern good doe for a while then retire like me its boring but you get to blank moore umm have i spelt that right captin careers advisor lol:doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
i'd take it for definate if it was not for the amount of weekend work.i dont care how many hours i do in the week,just dont want it every weekend.some of the blokes there only have 1 day a month off.thats no good to me.

my having a class one licence is a big bonus for them.my mates gonna talk to his boss about the weekends tomorrow and get back to me.

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.i'm dull enough!
If you have skills they need try and push it a bit. Get in there get a contract signed with what hours your gonna work, like you say loads of hours in the week with weekends off if you can. That way you could have some spare time and the old woman would be happy with money to spend on shopping. U tell them how its gonna be David!:)

G

·
If you have skills they need try and push it a bit. Get in there get a contract signed with what hours your gonna work, like you say loads of hours in the week with weekends off if you can. That way you could have some spare time and the old woman would be happy with money to spend on shopping. U tell them how its gonna be David!:)
wish it was as simple as that mate.my mate steve's gonna have a word for me monday.trouble is with a firm like this one is they need blokes to work weekends when places are shut down.also stuff has to be made at the weekends to be fitted during the week on some jobs.sometimes the organisation goes out the window a little.i'll see how it goes next week.

loads of money to be made but if u don't get the time off to use it a bit,it's not worth doing it IMO.there's allway's a crappy side to most things in life eh!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Job sounds like a good one dave ,it would be silly not to think about it ive been out for two years and would jump at the chance mate.
ditto to wat birty says dave i moved down here at the end of feb and ive been trying for jobs applyed for a straight dozen so far and got diddly squat yeh the fishings been fun m8 but think of the future i would rather be earning than doing nowt :2:

G

·
ditto to wat birty says dave i moved down here at the end of feb and ive been trying for jobs applyed for a straight dozen so far and got diddly squat yeh the fishings been fun m8 but think of the future i would rather be earning than doing nowt :2:
i know what your saying....just don't wanna.....oh,i'm fecked if i know what i want to do,:wallbash:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i know what your saying....just don't wanna.....oh,i'm fecked if i know what i want to do,:wallbash:
pmsl tell you wat why dont you go fishing to clear your head if your up for it im thinking of doing dungie about 300 yds from the boats tonight if its not gonna pee it down fancy it ????????:bounce::bounce::bounce:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts