World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While talking to a very keen fly fisherman at work he was telling me how he can remember walking all the way from his home at Largo all the way along to Shell Bay. On one such occasion He was along when the Salmon nets(cant remember what the proper name of the nets are) were being pulled in. He told me how the nets were full of Salmon, Sea trout, and loads of little sharks. This was 30 years ago and i trust him 100%. Has anyone heard of this, was it lsd's, smoothhounds, huss of some other kind of shark family member he seen? Anyone got any ideas?:blink:

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hiya, Cant help you with your query, but, I was talking to an older member of the Buckhaven club one day, he told me about the bay being full of Sharks donkeys years ago........but, what species of "Shark" he was talking about, i.e. LSD,Spurry, or Tope...(thats my guess actually) I have no clue...I dont think he did either...might be the same type ....:)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
You could always try walking in the opposite direction from Largo to Leven and Methil,plenty sharks along that direction. :black_eye

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

there are plenty of reports of Smooth hounds, Spurdog, Tope and even Blue sharks from up that way, caught either commercially or found (in the case of the Blues) on the beach. I would think that the hounds are the most likely suspect as they are a lot more widespread around our coast than most people think.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was sandy ground so yeah most prob smooth hound, prob even worth a go, cant be any worse than having a go for anything else.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
oi ! nuttin wrong wi meffull :)

seriously tho, ive never seen nowt and i go along beach regular.
i think a good few yrs back there was reports off a larger shark at bonnie Methil docks area. :)

probably another story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts