World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out for a few days after my and the father booked a couple of days off.

due to the forecasts, we headed to shell island, and was greeted by horizontal rain, so saturday was bait collecting and fish hard on sunday morning tide.

this was the site on the main beach in the morning

perfect bass conditions, except with the wind in the face distance was hampered, caught one small turbot.
nice day but the wind spoiled it, decided to move around to the llyn and pitch up on a campsite outside cricceth.

monday morning hit pwllheli south beach, on-off rain strong cross winds, and eventually the weed got ridiculous, however managed this beauty of a bream 1st cast.

weighed 2lb

packed up and did some puddle dangling in the rain for a few hours, caught 10 or 11 carp, off the surface.

tuesday, the weather improved slightly so hit the south beach again.
catching what appeared to be 2 baby bull huss, separate nasal flaps, and had the "meaner" appearance of huss compared to doggies

and what was definatly a flounder, about 1lb

dissappointing weather and fish wise, but beats work any day.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
good report and pics,top pic did look great for bass and when its like that,some fresh lug fished close-in,(20-30yds) can be all you need to find them in numbers

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Nice report and pics Nic. Nice bream aswell

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Cracking Bream :thumbs:, well done in difficult conditions :clap:.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers guys

good report and pics,top pic did look great for bass and when its like that,some fresh lug fished close-in,(20-30yds) can be all you need to find them in numbers
yer, i had some lug but i wasn't using the usual terminal gear i would as i was targeting rays which aren't common here but have been caught.

nick

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
cheers guys

yer, i had some lug but i wasn't using the usual terminal gear i would as i was targeting rays which aren't common here but have been caught.

nick
was there couple weks ago too have look thought it mite throw up few rays too?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Nick
Pwllheli, however, is one of the venues where I would always go to have a try for rays. Once had 6 thornies in a night session and they can be quite common there (if you can get through the doggies) on a nice, calm, summer evening without any weed!

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,490 Posts
What has happned too all the Bass around this area ???

I am really struggling on the Lleyn this year,Iv'e never known it as bad as this.

I know I have said this before but the water appears sterile and almost fishless.

Nick.

·
Registered
77 Posts
caught 2 2lb bass at llanbedrog over the weekend, not the best of weather but was ok

I have had more bass this year than ever before

·
61,490 Posts
I am staggered at what you say.

Are you bait fishing ?

I am lure only these days and this year is my worst ever year.

Still cant wait to get back though.

Nick.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Nick

Yes I am using bait, lug and mussell meat bound together, I freeze the bait onto the hook and carry them in a flask, been doing it a few years now - works for me.

Fished dive in rocks a few weeks back and water was alive with school bass

·
61,490 Posts
Well thats very encouraging and things may be looking up for the next trip.

Nick.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Hello Nick

Yes I am using bait, lug and mussell meat bound together, I freeze the bait onto the hook and carry them in a flask, been doing it a few years now - works for me.

Fished dive in rocks a few weeks back and water was alive with school bass
wow sounds things picking up mite nose at weekend.shaggy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
have caught 25-30 bass so far this year,all on lug ,on a sandy beach near conwy .its a case of knowing your mark and when and how to fish it.there are fish around.having said that i havent caught one for over 3 weeks,it is a bit quiet at the moment

1 - 20 of 24 Posts