World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a fair few people from here were at/are at shell island over the weekend so this is how i got on.

got there saturday night
fished sunday mornong - nothing
sunday evening one nice flounder 30cm+ approx
monday morning - 1 doggie, 1 bass 6-7 inch approx, 1 little flounder
moved to the harbour for high tide, 1 small flounder, hooked a pollack, to my surprise down the side, around 1lb wieght, sod's law the hooklength breaks as i lift it out the water.

fished with mick ,mr40rose, for some time on the harbour, good to see you again

i hope others had more luck

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
a fair few people from here were at/are at shell island over the weekend so this is how i got on.

got there saturday night
fished sunday mornong - nothing
sunday evening one nice flounder 30cm+ approx
monday morning - 1 doggie, 1 bass 6-7 inch approx, 1 little flounder
moved to the harbour for high tide, 1 small flounder, hooked a pollack, to my surprise down the side, around 1lb wieght, sod's law the hooklength breaks as i lift it out the water.

fished with mick ,mr40rose, for some time on the harbour, good to see you again

i hope others had more luck
Nice Report Nicker_fish, good session in all.
Well done all Coastman

·
Registered
150 Posts
Went to shell island on the monday, fished off barmouth bridge at high water following day, two hook flapper, peeler crab and sandeel. Only had one doggie.
Fished smaller beach at low water on the island with two hook clip down, wind was so bad that we could barely cast, when it started raining it was hitting my dad and i like bullets. Tried harbour on last three hourse of flood on the wednesday, only one crab caught which couln't be bothered with the bait, he was trying eat my lead LOL.
Tried Barmouth again off a smaller beach near the bridge , spent the time trying to hide from the wind and rain. A terrible first attempt there where most of the time was worrying about finding the tent had disappeared over the sandunes Tried mackeral and black as well as eel and peeler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts