World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum so hello to everyone!Thing is im off to Shell island for a few days soon and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to the best spots to fish,baits,times and what im likely to come across this time of year.Tight lines

·
Registered
150 Posts
New to the forum so hello to everyone!Thing is im off to Shell island for a few days soon and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to the best spots to fish,baits,times and what im likely to come across this time of year.Tight lines
Hi, when you going mate? I'm off there myself from bank holiday monday onwards for a few days. Pm sent

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
hi and welcome to the site.

there are a few here who will have the info you need but the wales forum is usually quiet during the day.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hey there , i will be up bank holiday.

quick tips, as the water will be fairly clear longer casts are better, but you can catch flatties close in on ragworm or mackeral.

species, doggies, bass, mullet, flatties are the bigger fish you are likely to come across.

·
Registered
150 Posts
hey there , i will be up bank holiday.

quick tips, as the water will be fairly clear longer casts are better, but you can catch flatties close in on ragworm or mackeral.

species, doggies, bass, mullet, flatties are the bigger fish you are likely to come across.
Are you up for the weekend or the whole week folowing the Monday?

·
Registered
580 Posts
When you going silver surfer, i'll be there this bank holiday, tides arnt to bad and low water is better than high. Had a couple of plaice and a dab, a couple of woofs and a teeny weeny bass or as i like to call thema stickelbass. Baits vary crab, lug, rag, squid all the usual abits work. Getting up early is advisable as there will be no one swimming in the sea around you.

frostman

·
Registered
741 Posts
Are you up for the weekend or the whole week folowing the Monday?
unforunately i have college and work so i'm only there sunday and monday, possibly saturday night.

i shall be mainly targeting flatties on the smaller beaches in the morning, determined to get a few more turbot this year.

then to the main beach which normally saves a blank if all else fails.

you'll soon recognise me, as i'll be the only one on a beach wearing carp camo, or a coat that is far too small...

·
Registered
580 Posts
i'll be on the small beaches also early morn around 4am cos of the tides, high water is 10am so we will see if the ruddy seal pops its head up like last time

frostman

·
Registered
91 Posts
ill be there from friday afternoon, was there 3 weeks ago plenty of dogs and small flatties got 3 bass 2 around 1lb and one of 7lb the best yet, ill be there day & night, hope to see you all there

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice fish and so early on in the season, i will be on the small beaches all weekend, maybe see you there. I'll be the one with a pimply 16yr old youth with me asking all sorts of daft questions and bugging the life out of me.

frostman

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice fish and so early on in the season, i will be on the small beaches all weekend, maybe see you there. I'll be the one with a pimply 16yr old youth with me asking all sorts of daft questions and bugging the life out of me.

frostman
Looks like i'll miss you all, i'm there from Monday afternoon on for a few days,
i'll be giving it a go on Monday eve low water for a couple of hours, then off to the pub, then perhaps Barmouth bridge next day high water. I'm sure i'll bump into ya all at some time on the island in future

1 - 12 of 12 Posts