World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for two hours at Queenborough last night just to use some bait up.
No fish just zillions of crab they were stripping the bait in minutes.
005.jpg 002.jpg 001.jpg
004.jpg 003.jpg

·
Registered
3,548 Posts

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Peg one steve,never that good, better up by the jetty to the right but still mainly pins

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
unlucky steve. i really do think the silt around the island is the main reason for the lack of fish lately. i fished the swale yesterday, a mark that i was told you could fish from a concrete apron over low tide, well the apron is there but its under a good foot of silt. alas i blanked, didnt have a bite. although i did catch a starfish, and my mate i was with has fished the swale for 25+years and never seen a starfish caught. the water was so clear aswell. maybe the local rivers are too clean now??. down medway city estate last night we could see rocks and weed a good 15-20 foot out.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Very kind of you too Steve lol ?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
unlucky steve. i really do think the silt around the island is the main reason for the lack of fish lately. i fished the swale yesterday, a mark that i was told you could fish from a concrete apron over low tide, well the apron is there but its under a good foot of silt. alas i blanked, didnt have a bite. although i did catch a starfish, and my mate i was with has fished the swale for 25+years and never seen a starfish caught. the water was so clear aswell. maybe the local rivers are too clean now??. down medway city estate last night we could see rocks and weed a good 15-20 foot out.
Took a walk along the thames yesterday and noticed how clear the water was! Never seen it so clear.....

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
years ago the swale and medway use to be filthy. sewage pipes and such , rivers use to be full of flounders and eels etc. now them sewage plants and paper mills have gone the rivers are cleaner but the fish are in much less numbers. but , the bass seem to be around in more numbers in the rivers. so its swings and roundabouts i guess.

·
Registered
698 Posts
But then Flounders and Eels have been declining for various reasons the last few years anyway, and Bass on the up thanks to protective measures!

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agree with you there mate the water was very clear last night

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Great photos Steve, shame no fish.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
At lkeast you gave it a try Steve. Never mind, another couple of weeks and we'll by up to out eyes in Bass. Please!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Only just round the corner from me Steve, not fished it a lot, had a couple of small bass last year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts