World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres couple pics of the shetland 570 i modified for a fellow member.

the boat has been sea trialled with great success.

for some reason i can't download all the pics he sent me but you can see what a great job he's done doing all the finishing touches to the boat.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is the stern engine mount a purchased add on or did you make that as well?
all made by my very own hands mate.

i had to make a plug and then made the mould.

i have made a few one off pods in the past but i wanted a mould so i could make them quicker and easier.

i can make them with or without a platform.

i prefer to glass the pod on from inside the boat as this makes the whole rear end of the boat much stronger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice one Garry,
Thanks for putting the pics of my shetland up on your thread.
All the hard work seem worth it now looking at the pic, The boat performs
awsome with the pod on the back and it realy makes a massive difference to the deck space, getting on the plane and handling of the boat.
Dont know what the boat would be worth now but you would have to spend a lot of money and time to find a better boat.
Nice to see peoples comments about my 1980 shetland 570
What a fishing boat now.

·
Registered
711 Posts
im sure your more than capable to do your mayland mate.

i don't mind doing this sort of job for people but it can take quite a while and uses a lot of materials.
Nah Garry i'm saving all the work for the Dory project as I was considering a wheel house on this, it is only 17ft but half of the work is already done.

Just waiting to get her down on the moorings and over the wall on the next big tide, picked up my 240v capstan winch to be bolted down, this beauty used to pull cars up a very very steep drive, slow but wold pull anything even a Transit van :bangin::bangin: so should pull the dory over a 1ft wall at high tide and along a few scaffold boards.

once again belting job Gary, I see can you getting many more enquires in a minute .....

Regards

Daren

1 - 20 of 31 Posts