World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i m still looking hard for my first boat , have seen a few but not the right one yet! i am now looking at a shetland alaska 500, can i ask for some veiws on this boat? my buget is 4500-5000 thanks guys......andy

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
I Personaly Like The Boat Been Out On My Mates One Which Was A Good Fishing Platform . I Looked For One Of Them For A While As Usual Their Never For Sale When You Want One, So I Ended Up Paying More And Bought A Warrior Theres Probably A Few On Here That Own Or Have Owned One Best Of Luck Hope You Get The Right One Mate

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
hi, i m still looking hard for my first boat , have seen a few but not the right one yet! i am now looking at a shetland alaska 500, can i ask for some veiws on this boat? my buget is 4500-5000 thanks guys......andy
That was my second ever boat, bought new after a lot of research. It was great - solid build, tons of room, fast and stable. I started with a 50Hp OB but after three breakdowns switched to twin 30Hp Mariners. I only sold it because I came into some cash and traded up to a Trophy. I used a roller-coaster trailer and fitted sturdy side-bars, and could launch and recover single-handed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the replys, its realy usefull having lots of diferant opinions , as i said in a previous post ive been shore angling for over 30 yrs and have decided that the time is right to get afloat!. trouble is im spending hours recearching on the web reading loads of diferant stuff ,,then get totaly confused . but its great looking!

·
Registered
627 Posts
hi there is 3 of us sharing the boat ,i would recomend it to anyone, fast ,stable ,roomy,i was interested to read report about the guy who sold his boat with the 2 x30mariners is it the same boat? i bought mine in glasgow for less than 4500 going for tope weather permiting on sunday cheers m8 :boat:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had an alaska 500 for quite a few years.
Great boats, only thing I would say against them is that they can slam a bit in any kind of a chop.
Had it out in some very nasty weather and it coped fine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
by the way thanks to salar for the pm regarding the book 'angling boats', have bought it and read it cover to cover realy interesting and contains loads of info for someone like myself who is just getting to grips with things that float!.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I currently have a alaska 500 which was our first boat (bought with my father) just over two years ago now..if there is anything in particular you want to know just ask, it has been a amazing managable starter boat so far.

G

·
im sure fisher jay robisons dad hes off her got a shetland forsale:)

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Probably worked his way up to a Sunseeker by now!

I always think it's polite for the starter of a thread to come back and 'close' it - either saying what they did, or weren't able to do it etc

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
It's funny when people don't look at the date and carry on as if it still live! Some forums lock threads with no activity for a number of weeks, there is a case for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Who cares it's open and looking on the web it's alive so close it, my love is boats the Alaska is a great boat wonder where the moulds are!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts