World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My mate has a boat moored up at the Ardlui marina and he needs some help with the wiring , the battery looks to have about half a dozen different wires hooked on to a collar type thing that clips on the one of the battery terminals , problem is that the boat will start some days , the lights will work some days and other days it will not , the last time we tried to start the boat the collar of the terminal was Red Hot , I mean it was actually glowing . Does anyone want to earn themselves a few quid by coming up and having a look at it , the boat he has is a Shetland 507 which has a 115hp engine on it , I know that the engine is too big and he is looking for a swap for something smaller or a good price for his so he can buy something smaller .

Any advice or help on both the wiring or engine swap would be much appreciated .

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi

My mate has a boat moored up at the Ardlui marina and he needs some help with the wiring , the battery looks to have about half a dozen different wires hooked on to a collar type thing that clips on the one of the battery terminals , problem is that the boat will start some days , the lights will work some days and other days it will not , the last time we tried to start the boat the collar of the terminal was Red Hot , I mean it was actually glowing . Does anyone want to earn themselves a few quid by coming up and having a look at it , the boat he has is a Shetland 507 which has a 115hp engine on it , I know that the engine is too big and he is looking for a swap for something smaller or a good price for his so he can buy something smaller .

Any advice or help on both the wiring or engine swap would be much appreciated .
its hard to verify without seeing it but trying to start it with a battery thats not fully charged or maybe on its last legs or a lazy starter would cause the terminals to heat up. a bit to far for me to have a look though:wave: as for the lights must be a bad connection somewhere along the line just trace from the switch back and check all connections and the switch to wherever there sourcing there power just noticed i thought you were down south for some reason i could have a look at it if you want pm me if needed also noticed its on a mooring maybe to far any advice feel free to pm me

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI CC

Thank's for the reply , would be great if I could have your no and I can get my mate to call you .

Cheers Bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts