World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There may be a perfect business opportunity here for an enterprising fella. A fine ship for up there, very spacious etc......come on down.......the price may well soon be right.........:wiggle:

THE fish conservation group Sea Shepherd has less than a month to raise the $1,400,000 needed to free its flagship the Steve Irwin which is being held in the Shetland Islands. If, not, it seriously risks losing the protest vessel, the organisation has warned.

The boat, named after the late Australian TV conservationist who was also known as "The Crocodile Hunter", was detained in Lerwick two days ago after the Maltese bluefin tuna farming company Fish & Fish filed a successful lawsuit in a Scottish Court over alleged damage sustained during a clash between Sea Shepherd protestors and the company's fishing activities off the coast of Libya last year. It was about to leave Lerwick to take part in a whale hunt protest around the Faroe Islands when the authorities stepped in.

Last night Captain Paul Watson, the Steve Irwin's skipper, claimed his "ship was being held captive by the British courts". In a video appeal for public support, he warned: "If the $1,400,000 bond is not paid within 30 days, we could lose the ship because under British law the ship could be seized and sold and those funds held in trust pending the result of the court case."

He added: "It is a lot of money but it is absolutely essential we get over to the Faroe Islands to protect the whales and then down to the Southern Ocean to resume our campaign against the Japanese whaling fleet. The lives of whales are worth far more than over a million dollars, but if you help us it would be appreciated not just by but by our clients - the whales. Capt Watson said the Sea Shepherd organisation wanted to go to court because it had the evidence and documentation to "expose a lot of illegal fishing activities."
http://www.fishupdate.com/news/full...rotest_ship_could_be_lost_within_30_days.html

Nice to see someone taking a stand rather than pandering to these lunatics.

I suspect the Faroes story may well be a diversion tactic to hide their real aim, mind you half way round the world is a long way to stop two or three anglers from enjoying some stunning cod, ling and coalie fishing at the top of the islands........:nono:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
would be a nice boat for fishing from mate.its maybe lucky for them its been impounded.the japanese would seem like a bunch of fairies compared to what the faroese will give them if they start their mince up there.
cheers rab

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would be a nice boat for fishing from mate.its maybe lucky for them its been impounded.the japanese would seem like a bunch of fairies compared to what the faroese will give them if they start their mince up there.
cheers rab
I hope those Faroese keep them mighty busy and well away from our playground mate, too many easy targets for some cheap publicity around here for my liking.........:sad:

You know just how much the Sea Serpents love those who target critically endangered species in the name of dicky science..........can you just imagine the scatter of bodies that there would be from behind the couch if the spotlight was ever shone in that direction..........:ahhh:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
it would make a nice artifical reef......

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Do you think they use a bucket for the pi$$ pot.

If its not got a gas ring I'm not interested, and finally, would my 2.5kg bruce hold it.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
pretty sure they will manage to scrounge the dough from, the nettle tea drinkers and other enjoyment haters..

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm not a tree-hugger by any means but having stumbled across 'Whale Wars' half way through the recently finished season 4 these Sea Shepherd folk appear to be doing a grand job of preventing the Japanese whaling fleet from collecting there 1000 whale 'research' quota!!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
a grand job? only a matter of time before that fud gets someone killed :nono: and no im not pro whaling im just anti-idiot.

·
Registered
705 Posts
a grand job? only a matter of time before that fud gets someone killed :nono: and no im not pro whaling im just anti-idiot.
To be fair the Japs are equally as aggressive in their approach. :black_eye

1 - 10 of 10 Posts