World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an experienced salt water lure angler, (bass, mainly, in North Wales), but mother-in-law lives in Helensburgh and we're up there once a month on average and I've often fancied targetting sea trout in either the Clyde, Gareloch, or up in Loch Fyne.

I don't really give a bugger about the Leven fisheries patrols either -(are they up at 5am ?), but a few hints on likely ground to try would be welcome.

I'm thinking of shallow, rock weedy ground near burns or estuaries, using sandeel imitation type lures/surface lures or plastics, eg SlugGo's, either early flood or on high water- any pointers would be welcome.

Catch and release of course, tee hee.
Thanks in advance

·
Specimen Hunter
3,291 Posts
well what you wanna do is, put your hiking boots on but make sure you wear big thick socks, walk 10/20 miles at a fast pace, when you get home keep your boots on till bed time then, go to bed but keep the socks on, dont change them, do this for one week prior to fishing then when you find your chosen mark sneak down with no one seeing you!! slip off your socks and dangle your feet in the water....make sure you dont fall in, were safe people us anglers, then after say 30 mins sea trout should be sucking on your toes, dont pull your feet out straight away as they might fall off and be sure to make sure you get a full house because it takes a week to prepare this method, good luck

i hope this helps :thumbs:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I suggest you just stay in Wales - we don't need people like you up here.

This forum and it's contributors are responsible people doing their best to promote sea angling in Scotland and the last thing we need are idiots giving the rest of us a bad name!!

Doolittle..................... :nono:

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm an experienced salt water lure angler, (bass, mainly, in North Wales), but mother-in-law lives in Helensburgh and we're up there once a month on average and I've often fancied targetting sea trout in either the Clyde, Gareloch, or up in Loch Fyne.

I don't really give a bugger about the Leven fisheries patrols either -(are they up at 5am ?), but a few hints on likely ground to try would be welcome.

I'm thinking of shallow, rock weedy ground near burns or estuaries, using sandeel imitation type lures/surface lures or plastics, eg SlugGo's, either early flood or on high water- any pointers would be welcome.

Catch and release of course, tee hee.
Thanks in advance
I pay £175.00 a year for the pleasure to fish LLAIA waters.No they are not up at 5am they patrol 24 hours a day. So it will be a pleasure to read in the local paper when you are up in court that is all you deserve with your attitude so carry on if you think you will get away with it.:nono::nono::nono:

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
what is the saying, he who cast the first stone again?
this has got to be the biggest overreaction yet.
the guy hasn't actually done anything wrong although his intentions are wrong.
you'd think he was a murderer or something

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
QUOTE=sawphish;2108016]No. Just an idiot (for the want of stronger language)[/QUOTE]

:bye2::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

G

·
It would be good if there was a reduced permit for fishing the sea waters,I would like to be able to go for sea trout outwith the Leven and Loch Lomond,thats what I done years ago when I had Leven permit,then I think they reduced the dates so you could only target them between a certain time,and also due to the price,I did not buy another one,last time I was collecting bait there was a few jumping.I bet there would be a few on here who would buy a reduced permit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Its a wind up from a Leven angler

Sounds like it , someone doing an altogether different kind of fishing ...

And he's getting plenty of bites !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts