World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone have diagram etc for the bail roller bit on the Aerlex GT8000 it's the stubby bail arm as when got it was loose had it apart to sort out but not sure which way stub goes

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi many thanks looks spot on that's about where i have it only thing need to find out is bits inside bail roller are right way round! :)
as sure they had it wrong as didn't turn.
Space monkey reel mechanics!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you get on with yours ive the XS version to which is newer but this was £31 but had to sort out as rotor was loose but once have a look inside might if same as biomasters change to ball races as many use a bush as many Shimano's do on cheaper reels which can replace

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
Hiya Tourno, i've had mine maybe 15yrs & its been faultless. I originally got it for fishing the rough stuff thinking at the price if i got 4 or 5 yrs out of it i'd done well.
Imho a good solid reliable reel for little money.
It'll probably give up the ghost now i've said that.
Rick;)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't think that "roller" was designed to roll. I have four of them and none of them ever rolled from new, you could turn them with your finger tips but never turned when winding in. It is ceramic so won't wear out, two of mine did almost 20 years, and would probably still be going, but I converted mine to real rollers , machined up a few bits and fitted a ballrace inside, ran well.

Pleased to find that when I got my Penn Afinitys they had a similar setup..........and they also roll well :)

Den

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanks well it does "roll" now changed bits round mind full of crap inside
Need to get some bits for my old Daiwa 7000C which is im sure similar to the old penn surfmaster/carpmaster made in Korea mines 40 odd years old but pretty sure many are the same as long as fits into arm recess!
the Aerlex has outer roller then piece inside which has a flat on one end and theres a washer which was on same end as flat so changed round!

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mind was looking at a Titanos 10000 xt earlier went for 45 squids on fleabay like an ultegra type in grey had what looked like early ultegra 6000 spool on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.