World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just had trouble with my old Aerlex 8000 and found that their support depot is outside Swansea. They told me they do not support/repair any reel over 7 years old. They might offer you advice if it doesn't involve spare parts though. Try them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate
It's currently in bits took the screw out of the main body and just laughed at it and put it in the draw! I'll use another fixed spool reel if I need to or just stick to my multi's

·
Registered
336 Posts
Try http://fish.shimano-eu.com/publish/.../index/customer_service0/Reel_Schematics.html

Not sure if this is your reel but the shimano site let's you search.

You are a braver man than me, taking a reel apart with all those little screws and springs just waiting to jump out under the furniture or into the dog! I take the reels I break to my dad as he was an engineer. He has to service my old Abu 7000 every time I use it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave up mate. I was cross threading screws, and theres a nut that goes on just before the spool couldnt get my fingers around it to tighten it, then i slipped with the screwdriver cut my hand, then lost a screw, and then i thought, sod this ( or words to that affect) then picked it all up, opened the cupboard, put the lot in the drawer, shut the door, and poured myself a malt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts