World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the tackle forum and got no response. I'd really like toget some info on these rods. I was in mexico recently and was astounded at the distance a couple of european fellas were getting with these spinning rods. I've researched them and found they are not sold in the usa but are in UK so my questrion is where to I go to get one shipped to me in alaska and does anybody know of a similiar rod that might be marketed in the usa.

Also, I keep seeing the "multiplier" on this forum.....hate to ask a dumb question but what is a multiplier?.....thanks in advance.

[" Do fish ever get thirsty?[/SIZE]

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
hi dude, a multiplier is a reel, google penn 525, abu mag elite, daiwa 7HT, etc, i'm sure you know what they are, you probably just call em something else,

as for the rod, i'm not familiar with it, sorry, try some of the uk angling websites, torbay angling might be a good start, Adrian is a pretty helpful guy there, if they dont stock it, they may be able to get it for you.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hi RiverPro

Are you sure the rod was a Spinning rod rather than a Surf Rod?

Have a look at the link to Shimano below. They have a Technium Spinning Rod and it may be that the name has changed this year though I do not remember hearing of a Spinning Rod with the name you gave.

I know that the Super Aero Technium Surf Rod is pretty good as one of the guys in local tackle shop I frequent occasionally (I think) uses one and he is or was a German Champion.

I have a Shimano Aspire spinning rod and that is my favourite at the moment. Very light and casts very well. If you are loaded with dosh then the Lesath is the ultra top model.

I have a feeling it may be surf rod that you are talking about though?

Anyway, loom at the link for Shimano and you may recognise something there.

Best of luck

Steinbeisser

http://fish.shimano-eu.com/catalog/...<>ast_id=1408474395181626&bmUID=1173946202284

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thank you guys for the lead. I guess we have language problems....yes, it was a surf rod about 15' long set-up for a spinning reel rather than a levelwind. Which brings me to my confusion withthe "multiplier"....I guess that is a levelwind reel that has gear reductions (like most of them) to give you a faster retrieve than 1 to 1. correct?.

I'll follow the lead given, Torbay Tackle and try to get one sent through the mail. This aero tecnium was a beautiful piece of equipment (and I suppose shiman makes a matching reel). These guys were casting up to 150 yards I'd guess....wow...thanks guys.

"It is impossible to fish and worry at the same time"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks INFORD.....I went to his page...Aaaamazing sport you guys have. My interest started out tobe getting at the roosterfish next year and now I'm all intriqued with the sport itself. Incredible gear and athleteiscm. I e-mailed Larry and i guess I'll buy whatever he's selling, if I can get a fraction of his distance we'll put a bend it the pole....

I'd bet theres a huge difference in rod to cast a hell of a long ways once or twice and a rod that you want to cast a long ways for a long time, fishing. Casting and retreiving eh?....you guys are great thanks again....

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
For us "old country" folks

Americans call "multipliers" conventional reels
"fixed-spool reels" spinning reels
and they don't have a name for centre-pin ("center-pin") reels but a sidewinder is an old "Scarborough-type" centre-pin but with the spool alonside the rod handle (the pin/axle sticks out sideways from the reel foot, rather than being half the diameter of the spool down and horizontal so the whole spool is below the rod like in fly reel)

:notworthy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts