World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Saltist
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a match rod, but struggling between the two.

Any opinions or pro's and con's to either rods?

Cheers, Zac.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I defo wouldnt use the CM as a match rod,in my eyes the bite detection isnt good enough for it,its a great rod dont get me wrong but wouldnt use it for match fishing,im not sure about the aspire as ive not owned/used one,why not go for a TTSM or a kompressor match if you like century rods,or theres loads of rods more suitable in the zziplex range.

·
Team Saltist
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I defo wouldnt use the CM as a match rod,in my eyes the bite detection isnt good enough for it,its a great rod dont get me wrong but wouldnt use it for match fishing,im not sure about the aspire as ive not owned/used one,why not go for a TTSM or a kompressor match if you like century rods,or theres loads of rods more suitable in the zziplex range.
Could you give me an example of a good zippy match rod?

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
zac,if you're going to brands allnighter,you can have a play with me tt match.
also going to throw a spanner in the works here.got a greys supro,it is'nt disimilar to the match,very slightly softer actioned,easier to fish with and a fair bit lighter:victory:

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Have a look at the Tip Tornado super match! Its an outstanding rod!:happy:

You wont miss a bite with it! and can cast a bait a hell of a long way,

Dont go for the cm or cme, there Cracking rods, just not sensetive enough for most match fishing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If it's a match-type rod you're after then I think you'll like the Aspire. VERY light but don't worry cos it'll still throw leads out with the best of them! The weight puts a lot of people off. I had a TT match but I prefer the Aspire, doesn't come with a reducer though. As long as you use it within its limits then it'll serve you well, I don't know of any problems or complaints with them... except mine didn't like the 2 inch ball of weed on my leader knot last time out :unsure:

Does cast well and very pleasant to fish with, great build quality and a good-looking rod. Bite detection is spot on too :thumbs:

But if anyone wants to swap for a zziplex.... :laugh:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The Aspire is a very nice rod and is perfect for match fishing - the lack of physical weight will put some people off.

A good Zzippy match rod = HSM (unbeatable in my opinion) and I have a few rods to gauge it by :victory:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts