World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Shimano Nexave Ax 9ft Spinning Rod

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sallysludgebucket 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a SHIMANO NEXAVE AX 9FT SPINNING ROD and if so would you recommend it for Bass spinning?

#2 ·
Saw these cheap on eBay and they look ok to me mate. I don't know how much they go for but i have thought about getting one for fishing off the boat for big pollack. I personally prefer a longer rod for casting lures from the shore of say 10-11ft in length and casting weights from 15-60g. Quite a few places including Harris Sportsmail and Poingdestres have the Masterline powerhead plugger in the sale for around £35-40 i think. This is a god rod for plugging for bass, and also for float fishing and jellyworming off the rocks for pollack. my friend has one coupled with an older Shimano 6010 baitrunner and it looks quite a good cheapish combo to me.

#5 ·
Been looking, think it would make a cracking combo linked up to my Shimano Callisto with 20lb Whiplash on it. I was thinking at 9ft it would go into the car better to and be better on those marks where the rocks are close behind you making in awkward to cast such as the mull of Galloway. As i said looks like it will make a cracking little, fun pollack rod.

#6 ·
Been looking, think it would make a cracking combo linked up to my Shimano Callisto with 20lb Whiplash on it. I was thinking at 9ft it would go into the car better to and be better on those marks where the rocks are close behind you making in awkward to cast such as the mull of Galloway. As i said looks like it will make a cracking little, fun pollack rod.
hi mate mine is paired up with shimano callisto with 20lb fireline its lovely for casting and put a lure out a canny way aswell

#7 ·
Have the older 9ft spinning model to the Nexave and it defo has a place in the armory, but I prefer a longer rod and find it doesnt get used as much as it deserves. Looking at getting a 10ft spin rod myself, still kicking myself for not buying the triple ABU spin & baitcaster rod deal I saw last year 7ft, 9ft & 10ft for £10 !!!!! Mind you was probably a lad round the back of the stand putting the stickers on em ! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.