World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Recently tied out a TN14 and a TN16 lovely reels but expensive on this side of the pond.

Has anyone here tried buying from the US?

Are there any problems?

Are there any sellers who are really keen to be helpful?

I would appreciate any advice as to pitfalls or otherwise

Any thoughts guys?

Dave

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Iv`e used this guy a couple of times. Got two Torium 16 `s from him and he is very good with the postage,never paid a penny when they arrived here...:whistling

http://www.fishermansheadquarters.com/

Alan

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
browny i have a torium 20 and i think that its a very good reel.but no where as good as the trinedad they also have a few more bearings so smoooother. the daiwa saltiga is a very nice reel but not cheep and the cheaper saltist is about on par with the torium. like you say these come at nearly 1/2 the price from the states,and this is where my next reel (saltiga )will be cumming from.

baz.

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
browny i have a torium 20 and i think that its a very good reel.but no where as good as the trinedad they also have a few more bearings so smoooother. the daiwa saltiga is a very nice reel but not cheep and the cheaper saltist is about on par with the torium. like you say these come at nearly 1/2 the price from the states,and this is where my next reel (saltiga )will be cumming from.

baz.

Hi Baz -

Between my trini 12 and the torium 14, I couldn't split which one was smoother t.b.h. Tho, I've only turned the handle on my bruvers torium no more than 20 times. Maybe under fishing circumstances, there would be a noticeable difference like you mentioned. I know one thing, shimano make brilliant reels lol!!!
I agree with you there Baz - if a reel I like is sold in the states, I'd rather buy it from there than pay british retail prices lol!!!

Browny,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Browny

These reels made me drool I was casting into the teeth of a gale but apart from a bit of lifting on the first cast the reels behaved impeccably TN16 is a bit of a handful though and would not suit everyone. We reckon the TN16 would be better on the M4 than on the TZ500 as the M4 has a slimmer butt.

The TN14 is the best reel I have ever had on the M4 a perfect match.

Cheers Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts