World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s old school but I picked up a shimano tsm the other day and I’m blown away haha

Added a mono mag and casts like folk . Retrieve is a beauty too

Fished over rough ground last night and it’s rapid ! Faster than my saltists. Mega impressed

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
I know it’s old school but I picked up a shimano tsm the other day and I’m blown away haha

Added a mono mag and casts like folk . Retrieve is a beauty too

Fished over rough ground last night and it’s rapid ! Faster than my saltists. Mega impressed
😁 Great reels, I've had one since they first came out, don't know why they don't bring out a magged version. I keep meaning to get mine magged but got so many reels I don't need to I suppose. 😁

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great reels stood test of time
They are quality

Only negative I’ve found so far is the drag doesn’t go up very tight

When fishing rough ground with 25lb line it’s a nightmare trying to snap the trace off ! I can get upgraded drag washers but I can only find them in America

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
They are quality

Only negative I’ve found so fair is the drag doesn’t go up very tight

When fishing rough ground with 25lb line it’s a nightmare trying to snap the trace off ! I can get upgraded drag washers but I can only find them in America
blakdog sells them ,

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Sorted !

Cheers for that they are in the post
Couple of things to be aware of! Always oil the bush beneath the main gear(Why they never used a ball bearing!)if that goes and left it's toast! handle become sloppy as gearing moves around which takes out side plate so keep up on maintenance(The bush can be reamed out and replaced if not left too long did chat with Blakdog about them and i'm pretty sure could get a ball bearing in there!)
Always look after side plates as there plastic so not over tightening screws or leaving loose along with bearings loose. as spares are harder than 6 winning numbers on Saturday!
Ive two ones a 11CFS all original mint and others a 11C which is normal drag type which i mono magged. There the Original HiSpeed Reel up till they came out everything was Kitty Fiddler speed(ABU 65's sometime tomorrow you see weight back in!)Mitchell 602 was a week Tuesday!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couple of things to be aware of! Always oil the bush beneath the main gear(Why they never used a ball bearing!)if that goes and left it's toast! handle become sloppy as gearing moves around which takes out side plate so keep up on maintenance(The bush can be reamed out and replaced if not left too long did chat with Blakdog about them and i'm pretty sure could get a ball bearing in there!)
Always look after side plates as there plastic so not over tightening screws or leaving loose along with bearings loose. as spares are harder than 6 winning numbers on Saturday!
Ive two ones a 11CFS all original mint and others a 11C which is normal drag type which i mono magged. There the Original HiSpeed Reel up till they came out everything was Kitty Fiddler speed(ABU 65's sometime tomorrow you see weight back in!)Mitchell 602 was a week Tuesday!
I’m having a job removing the two screws by the handle . I’ve pulled the spool out and it looks like they are turning underneath (if that makes any sense )

Attachments

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
I’m having a job removing the two screws by the handle . I’ve pulled the spool out and it looks like they are turning underneath (if that makes any sense )
You have to disassemble that end of reel before trying to undo them! Handle off.Drag bits."Watch for tiny ball bearing on main gear shaft"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts