World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I'm thinking of going back to a some beach fishing for Bass having been boat fishing for the last 15 years or so.
I always used a 6500 abu but feel like a change and want to try a good fixed spool, the Ultegra has caught my eye but I can't find any reviews on it as it seems new to the market, has anyone got one of these reels or feels there's a better alternative.

Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
The xsc is the newest model, good for light bass rods , also on heavier gear, been around for years with a proven history so well worth the money

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use an 5500xsc for light/medium beachcasting on a zippy bass lite and a profile GT. Loaded with 17lb line and shock. Is lovely to fish with. I was using it today and it really does make a great setup. You won't be dissapointed in the reel! I bought a 10000 too for heavier work but am yet to use it. I actually find the smaller very capable and can't see me using it. might even sell the 10000 and get another 5500

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
Shimano reels live up to the guff and fan fair line lay reliability etc. The aerowrap 2 speed linelay and arc spool really is that good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts