Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sizeable: 1
Undersize: 12
Species: Codling
Weather: Sunny, VERY windy!!
High Tide: 12-20
Best Fish: 37cm Codling
Best Bait: Peeler

Back down to earth today after two decent previous sessions over at Orford. Just goes to show what a difference this place is from the island! A few small codling and one just sizeable made up todays catch. Crabs a pain throughout the session, but no snags again. The wind was VERY strong from the NE, and the last time the sea had this much colour was in early January! Took Rag, Squid, and a few Peeler that i collected myself. Obviously Peeler outfished everything. Only one cast with crab produced nothing, i even had two on one rig! Just prooves what I thought. Did expect to get a few early Bass today but they never showed up. A fun days fishing in not the most comfortable condidions. I did however get to try out the new rods and reels - all went well! Tight lines, Josh & Grandad

·
Registered
508 Posts
Another well-written report with good detail, and it seems a fair return fish-wise, though I think you deserved a nice bass or two for your effort in collecting those peelers:) . I'm glad the new tackle is working out, I use a Surfmaster 850 too, and have found it excellent in performance - very smooth! Hope the next session is a good one.

Shortcaster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts