Discussion Starter #1
Sizeable: 1
Undersize: 7
Species: 7 Codling & 1 Dab
Weather: Light E Wind, Sunny, High Pressure
High Tide: 18-00
Best Fish: 30cm Dab
Best Bait: Lug
Fished 11-04-07 from 16-00 to 20-00 by Josh with Grandad.

Another crap session, thats two on the trot now. well the fishing can only get better from now, and i wont bother going again untill the big tides. change of venue from felixstowe, and to be honest there was no difference. as for this session, there was NO tide movement at all. crabs were present throughout the session and fish were inconsistant & came every now and again. The dab was about 30cm and the first one for a year! nothing else to report, a poor outing. hope to get out when the big tides are about as i missed the last ones. certainly wont be out before after this awfull outing. oh another thing to mention, the water on the shingle beaches is way to clear! think ill try frinton or holland for daytime fishing if the weather stays the same, and stick to night fishing from felixstowe, shingle street and the likes. Josh & Grandad.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh mate defo sort sumin out!! cheers again!! always hard in the bright sun though, may have done better after dark....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Like last session at Felixstowe, I think you did pretty well under the conditions; I wonder if anywhere would produce on a tide/ day like that. I definitely wouldn't rate Holland unless it colours up a bit, as I have suffered a biteless day there, and had an endless parade of promenaders and dog walkers to contend with whenever the weather is sunny, which can make casting awkward. Perhaps night sessions are the way to go.

And good luck in your search for rods and reels, I can tell you that having the top stuff may be an advantage, but it hasn't put me on level terms with you - there's no substitute for ability:) !

Best wishes,

Shortcaster

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
josh if you getting as far north as shingle street why dont just go a bit further and go to orford, its a lot better than shingle street.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes shortcaster my family have always said its not jsut the tackle that catches fish having a top range rod doesnt mean your gonna outfish people with a cheap one its just i thought id update the old gear, and have a limited supply of cash lol. no probs tho! cheers for telling me about holland mate, i wont bother! hogster - yeah ive been seriously considering making a trip over to the island, its just ive never been there before, dont no where or how to fish there, how to get there, prices, times, ect. basically dont know anything about the place! any advice on the above and what stage of tides fish better would be usefull because im thinking about making the effort to get myself over there. does there have to be a large party going over at once, or could i turn up by myself? just a thought! cheers Josh!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Josh!! Even though I've lived and fished in Suffolk for over 25yrs now this old git has never fished Orford Island either! I met up with Hogster recently and shared this ommision on my part with him and I said I would love a day over there. I gather Pete takes you over in his boat "Regardless"from Orford. He regularly contributes on this forum. I can't help anymore. Hogster will have his tel. nos as will Steve T.
Don't forget I'm up for it, so please let me know if you are seriously thinking about it. It is afterall one of the great sea fishing venues in the UK.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
hi josh peter number is 01394450169 07900230579 just ring him, he only needs 3or 4 peeps to go over £6 crouch £8 narrows. narrows best on big tides crouch better on neeps. but crouch very snaggy and you need to walk a fair way to get out of them, about 600-700 yards from the bushes.

tatics not much different from shingle street, but big baits cats out 60 yards is the norm, but one at distance and let it run round works well as do one close in like 20-30 yards.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lovely job cheers hogster & pouting paul!! yeah ill make the effort sometime in the near future to get myself over there, and ill let u no mate. cheers again, Josh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts