Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 22-05-07 from 14-00 to 19-00
Sizeable: 0
Undersize: 4
Species: 2 Bass & 2 Codling
High Tide: 16-10

Well after the other nights poor turnout, I thought id use the bait up along with some additional new rag at the river mouth. The target species was bass for the first time this year. Nothing on the flood, but on the ebb had a few fish. Slow day again and a sign that summers on its way, water was gin clear. crabs were a real problem today with baits lasting 10 mins max. no weed or snags. all in all not the best session but hey, ive still avoided the "blank" so far in 07. Really not sure when or where ill be out next, as ive not really had much to excite me the last few trips lol. Tight lines, Josh.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Well done mate, not an outstanding session but results none the less.
good report.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
our josh thats was you i take it , we were coming in at about 1645 ish in the orkney

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers sharkey yeh got results, but was slow :) hogster - i was fishing the mouth, i waved to a couple of people coming in but didnt know it was you! HI lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looking at your excellent photos of the sea state, I would imagine a blank would be in order, so I'm very impressed that you managed four fish:) . Similarly to yourself, I have been wondering just what to do to find some sizeable fish (it's been dogfish that have made my last few sessions half-decent), and am thinking about targeting some of the summer species on the very hit-or-miss Walton pier. All the best,

Shortcaster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts