World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished in the bay from 2.30pm to 6.30 pm with 2 of my sons aged 16 and 10 fishing was slow and crabs were a real nuisance as the tide started to ebb very small codling and whiting started to show but then at about 5.15pm my 10 year sons rod rattled in its rest he struck and reeled in producing a 5 pound 9oz codling not bad for his 1st fishing trip :clap2: :clap2: where myself and eldest boy came home with nothing :schmoll: :schmoll: never mind we shall be going back saturday night to see if we have better luck.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
thats a whopper, begginers do seem to be lucky sometimes - he must have been taught well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
fantastic, that sounds like a great fishing session !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You mean to say his first time out he has a 5lb 9oz cod and you're making him wait until saturday night tohave another go.Thats bordering on child abuse making him suffer so cruely
You're a cad and a bounder sir!!!!!
Spratty:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello Mister Flounder!

Nice fish- your lad must have been chuffed!
I will be fishing on Shingle Street beach with some friends on Saturday night myself, so I will come and say hello if I can spot you. Any tips on this mark will be gratefullly recieved (from your youngest of course!)

Andy

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i fished it yesterday and it was ****. only 7 small codling and a nice dab. crap, and crabs were a pain.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Josh

Were you fishing at night or during the day?
I seem to be doomed to bad luck when it comes to choosing venues this year.
I always find that other places have fished better on these reports the following monday! I reckon I'll stick to Shingle Street for Saturday night- mind you theres always Aldeburgh...
Andy

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
hi mate. we fished it during the evening. we did fish it a few weeks ago and had two 2lb codling so you never know. i did just read a report on leader-lines from aldeburgh. seemed like a good session with 5 good whiting, a sizeable codling, and a dab. maybee worth goin up there instead of shingle street. only my oppinion mate, go for whatever! good luck aswell!!!!! :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Mister Flounder!

Nice fish- your lad must have been chuffed!
I will be fishing on Shingle Street beach with some friends on Saturday night myself, so I will come and say hello if I can spot you. Any tips on this mark will be gratefullly recieved (from your youngest of course!)

Andy
Hi cyclops look forward to meeting you on saturday night to have a chat, so that you can look out for us we will be the ones with 1 red and 1 black beach buddy with a wind break between them. fat flounder

1 - 13 of 13 Posts