World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first bass of the season today and a couple of lovely spring codling also go my first dog of the year ..... cracking days fishing ... shingle street suffolk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your session, it seems you did better than us up at Aldeburgh, well done:clap3: ! I've not been to Shingle Street, so any reports are well received.

Welcome to the site, all the best for next time.

Shortcaster

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, shingle street is fantastic if you catch it about an hour before high water and it kicks off on the ebb. Its never what you would call busy but there are new rods appearing. Fishes best at night time and again always on the ebb.
Preferred bait is rag. When the tide is on the turn the water gets too fast to keep anything out but I still manage a good 6 hours. Thanks for the welcome found the site by chance yesterday whilst checking tide times.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thanks mate, shingle street is fantastic if you catch it about an hour before high water and it kicks off on the ebb. Its never what you would call busy but there are new rods appearing. Fishes best at night time and again always on the ebb.
Preferred bait is rag. When the tide is on the turn the water gets too fast to keep anything out but I still manage a good 6 hours. Thanks for the welcome found the site by chance yesterday whilst checking tide times.
welcome to WSF mate.

AL ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually just drive up to where there is a bit of parking and walk straight across the shingle till you hit water. If you actually drive over the hump bridge and follow the road for a few hundred yards till you can go no further there is an old wartime road under the sea and makes it hazzardous for snagging up so try to avoid that bit but further down towards the tower is good or if your feeling energetic walk right along the other way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome F.F. bass was just on the 1ib 1/2. 1 Coldling the same and one just under the 2lb mark. AND also had a mighty eel 'bout 18".

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
well done mate, welcome to the site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts