World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you want a laugh?

Last Sunday I took the wife to church at about 6.30pm as usual and when I got home I thought I would put the shock leader on to my reel. So I looked at my book and tied the shock leader to the main line with the knot then measured about 9 to 10 metres (what most books recommend) tied the end to a post and started to wind it on to the reel. It wound on to the reel a treat. When I undid the shock leader line from the post the shock leader line jumped of the reel and nearly wrapped all around me it went every where, every bit jumped off. I could have cried. It was just like a scene out of the triffids film. I had to wait till she came back from church to help me unwind the mess.
Well I have calmed down now and would like to ask if anyone else has had this !*!*!* experience.
:hammer:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
LOL -

What s'leader was you using mate...???

I use sufix zippy and it's limp as a two legged dog!!!

I tie a link onto the end of the s'leader after winding onto the spool (before letting the s'leader go without any tension) and place the link behind the bar of the reels cage. It sits there on it's own accord!!!

G

·
sure it wasn't bait elastic.......either that or a message from on high, saying you should have stayed in church?:laugh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure what it was a chap gave it me and said it was 50lb line "this will do the job".
I think it was his tow rope out his car.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Q...When you coil up an electric extension lead why is it advisable to first
unplug it?:idea:

A...It allows the cable to un-twist it's self

Tying your leader to the post has similar consequences.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Q...When you coil up an electric extension lead why is it advisable to first
unplug it?:idea:

A...It allows the cable to un-twist it's self

Tying your leader to the post has similar consequences.
I tied it to a weight the second time and "reeled it in" so I hope it doesent want to jump off again. I think I will let it "settle" a day or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts