World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking into shockleaders and so far recon for upto 4oz i will need 40lb....i have had a look on evilbay and there is loads.....i understand the importance of a good shockleader so want to buy good quality....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Ultima Powerflex in clear so that you can use it for rig bodies as well as shockleader.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
just buy a bulk spool of 40lb line, cheaper does the same thing.
gotta say, i have tried all the big name leaders in the past but, if you can find a supple spool of 40lb line then go for it. i used to use 60lb ultima or weasel but came across a cheap 4oz spool of clear mono that done the job just as well and as said can be used for rig bodies too.

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
gotta say, i have tried all the big name leaders in the past but, if you can find a supple spool of 40lb line then go for it. i used to use 60lb ultima or weasel but came across a cheap 4oz spool of clear mono that done the job just as well and as said can be used for rig bodies too.
i use relix 50lb 660m for £8 delivered from fleabay its very soft colypolomer ,like a purple clear colour , even comes in a tin to stop the sun damaging it , other than that just buy a bulk spool of ultima seastrike 40lb 1 kilo spool bright green £18.00 bargain

greased weasel 50m £3.00 or 660m for £8 lol

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
relix 50lb very thin strong 600m on the bay for about £8 delivered copolymer

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i used to use ultima powerflex in orange but iv never seen a 4oz spool around iv just got back into fishing after 2 years. but iv just been on jims tackle tonight and orderd aload of stuff includin 6 spools of ultima seastrike in 60lb crystal clear for 12£ lol it should last me a long time only cheap stuff but cant go wrong for shockleader. i also got a spool of ultima distance 20lb for £6 and a spool of red ice for £5. well worth a look mate its cheap as chips in my eyes got a 525 super mag xtra for £130 aswell the tackle shops were telling me 200£ and 170£. got aload of swivels to :p all stocked up

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
i used to use ultima powerflex in orange but iv never seen a 4oz spool around iv just got back into fishing after 2 years. but iv just been on jims tackle tonight and orderd aload of stuff includin 6 spools of ultima seastrike in 60lb crystal clear for 12£ lol it should last me a long time only cheap stuff but cant go wrong for shockleader. i also got a spool of ultima distance 20lb for £6 and a spool of red ice for £5. well worth a look mate its cheap as chips in my eyes got a 525 super mag xtra for £130 aswell the tackle shops were telling me 200£ and 170£. got aload of swivels to :p all stocked up
How did you get on with this site for delivery quality etc
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,966 Posts
i use relix 50lb 660m for £8 delivered from fleabay its very soft colypolomer ,like a purple clear colour , even comes in a tin to stop the sun damaging it , other than that just buy a bulk spool of ultima seastrike 40lb 1 kilo spool bright green £18.00 bargain

greased weasel 50m £3.00 or 660m for £8 lol
hi chris
ave you got the sellars name and i'll do a search

1 - 15 of 15 Posts