World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i was out digging ther other day I realised that the water goes out further than at Southend. After walking past a gully I was started walking on sand and not mud.
Does anybody know if its sand all the way to the low tide mark or does it become muddy.
Also is it worth walking to the low tide line to dig? I know at Thorpe Bay you can dig all the way up to the low tide li eand get lug with the odd king rag thrown in.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
ive dug out there at low water and ive even fished out there:sleep:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have witnessed a number of people digging at East Beach but never further than 20 or 30 yards past the first gulley. The digger for Jetty Anglers sometimes goes to East Beach so it might be worth your while popping in there for a bit of information. As for the sand, I think it continues for about 2 miles out to the low water line so not really any good for digging. But if you do decide to venture out then be advised that once you have passed the end of the boom there are various gullies that fill vary quickly and you could find yourself cut off and wading back through waist high water.
I hope this helps

Darren

·
Registered
674 Posts
the worms although bigger are normaly deeper and fewer in number the further out you go , there may be some king whites out there on the big spring tides but you wont get long and the tide runs faster than you can walk so watch out . try canvey point less walking good ragging and decent lug [ not many diggers ] .

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have witnessed a number of people digging at East Beach but never further than 20 or 30 yards past the first gulley. The digger for Jetty Anglers sometimes goes to East Beach so it might be worth your while popping in there for a bit of information. As for the sand, I think it continues for about 2 miles out to the low water line so not really any good for digging. But if you do decide to venture out then be advised that once you have passed the end of the boom there are various gullies that fill vary quickly and you could find yourself cut off and wading back through waist high water.
I hope this helps

Darren
Cheers Darren, I know if you dig past the first gully opposite the swimming pool at East beach it use to be good for whites but the match angler has finished that spot off. As for digging lug there its easier at Thorpe Bay

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hi Jassyfa, use to have a boat moored at east beach and dug there as well. It's a long long way to the edge of the channel and yes there are lug out there but not as many as close in. Not worth the walk and effort. The sand runs all the way out as far as the man made island. Have dug in the gulleys off the end of the boom and there are a few suprises Rag, huge maddies and yes big whites! but as Ianbass says Canvey point rules for bait.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi Jassyfa, use to have a boat moored at east beach and dug there as well. It's a long long way to the edge of the channel and yes there are lug out there but not as many as close in. Not worth the walk and effort. The sand runs all the way out as far as the man made island. Have dug in the gulleys off the end of the boom and there are a few suprises Rag, huge maddies and yes big whites! but as Ianbass says Canvey point rules for bait.
Hello

I have just moved to the Thorpe bay area and as Eddie say some good big lug come from close in, the is a long seam of worm running parrall with the beach about 100yrds out (if less) will be trying areas round there for other baits. Canvey is my fav place and even when i lived near S Fambridge i drove to Canvey for all my bait.

Eddie your pic used in your profile, is that the pipe that runs out off the back of Throney Bay near the Pill Box??, if so, i see you have discovered one of the best Mullet marks around. I have had some crackers off there, if its not you now know!

G

·
Hello

I have just moved to the Thorpe bay area and as Eddie say some good big lug come from close in, the is a long seam of worm running parrall with the beach about 100yrds out (if less) will be trying areas round there for other baits. Canvey is my fav place and even when i lived near S Fambridge i drove to Canvey for all my bait.

Eddie your pic used in your profile, is that the pipe that runs out off the back of Throney Bay near the Pill Box??, if so, i see you have discovered one of the best Mullet marks around. I have had some crackers off there, if its not you now know!
and me and everyone else on the forum!thanks dude,I love a bit of mulleting:whistling
:crazy::wheelchai

1 - 9 of 9 Posts