World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im headed to England thursday with my mom and dad in the Dover-Folkestone area i believe. Anyone know some good/cheap tackle shops over there, i'm looking for another rod (and maybe fixed spool to).

Thx!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the links Michael, i've checked the online stores but the shipping costs are a bit high sometimes. But i've found some tackle-shops on the uk-fishing.com site. Ill probaly go check those out and my father knows one to since he worked in the Folkestone area for quite some time, we'll probaly bring along a coolingbox for some baits to because we're going fishing to Boulogne-sur-mer the day after :D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
hi bassBe

you are welcome....While in Boulogne....Look for a around the quay for a angling shop in Cherbourg there is one on the quay, that sells nets and all the other netting gear too.... but they have a very good selection of rods reels and all other end tackle too beachcasters for about €60 or so some even have reels!! or even the hypermarche as they have good sport sections most of the time too..most of the rods will be mitchells...

yes a coolbox will be need for baits......you dont find many of the uk baits in france..they often use little jars of capers!!! nothing better for bait than squid rag worm lug and mackeral......

Don't forget to buy the sea angling mags when you visit!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL i was telling my dad just a few minutes ago that i was gonna check for a Sea Angler mag while we're gonna be over there. But he decided not to bring the coolbox along tomorrow so i already ordered some lug- and Ragworms over here for saturday. But maybe i still can convince him :d, can you still get Sandeels in the Tackle/bait shops, or maybe Peeler crabs? I won't bring along any mackerel cus i can catch them over there.

Thx

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi BassBe.
If you stiill have trouble getting hold of Sea Angler I will gladly snd some more copies to you bud.
All the best ,
Terry F.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey terry f.

Thx, i'll probaly get the august issue tomorrow (if it is available?) maybe later if u have some you could spare i would happily pay for them.

Grtz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts