World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon guys

I am going on holiday to Filey the first week in November and looking to do a bit of shore fishing.

I used to live on the isle of man and loved going down to the shore/pier for a few hours catching Doggies etc....

Is there somewhere near Filey where i can do likewise....just to get away from the missus for a few hours....

Also when is the best time to go....on the IOM is was as the tide was coming in. What are the best baits and i would appreciate any advise you guys can offer.

Thanks

Coops

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi Coops, If you do another post in the North-East section I'm sure you will get a answer off one of the local guys that fish that area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike

Did as you suggested and have had some good replies.

I have done a bit of pier/shore fishing before. When i was on the isle of man i used to go to a few of the piers and did a bit of shore fishing from Rosslare beach in Ireland.

I really am a novice at this game as i am a former course match angler. Find much more satisfaction from catching from the shore as the challenge is much greater...(the fish are truly wild rather than just a stocked puddle)

I have always used a simple paternoster rig in the past and tried to keep it as easy as possible....

What would be your top three tips to be successful at shore fishing?

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you are going to filey you cant do better than the brigg! lugworm,peeler,ragworm all topped with squid,however the best advice i can give is use a breakaway as the ground is very snaggy,also seek out the filey angling club or the local butcher,a.colling he is north of england shore champion 2007.hope this helps regards shank50_1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts