World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming up to Caithness on Friday Night, 30/03. Hopefully going to go to Scrabster on Saturday/Sunday (with wifes permission):uhuh: . Anyone got any suggestions for any onshore marks as i have been to the lighthouse & would like to try some new marks. :g: Anyone that would like to join me, feel free, we could arrange time/place.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hiya, welcome to WSF...you WILL like it here...I havent fished the shore much up there...but, Tiggs, and his lass Tuggs, fished the harbour, out past the harbour office....and have had fish,..I'm not sure if they had ,or were trying for Conger there..you should be able to get in touch with Tiggs...on

http://www.mv-stormdrift2.co.uk/index.php

Tell him Norrie sent you...he will help you all he can...or even better....get a trip on his boat !!!! :):)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hiya, welcome to AN...you WILL like it here
What were you doing up at that time in the morning Norrie. And its WSF mate:) were you having a drinky poo:bleh:
Welcome to the mad house BCKLOON. Finally posted on the site, nice to see.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome BCKLOON :)

what sort of quarry are you after? what kit you bringing up? are you good at rock-hopping or want beach or want to stay 'safe' (pier) ? will you have transport and time constraints?

answers will be helpful to give you an idea of where to go :D

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Well good tae see you at last Loon :) :);)
Nae welding this w/end then for a change !!

Good luck with the fishing got tae be better than C/Beach :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for all your replies. Mainly fish off rocks, hopfully for cod or wrasse. Any suggestions 4 deep water rock marks? I will b taking up beach castors & boat rods. Transport is no problem and willing to travel for any good marks.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
What were you doing up at that time in the morning Norrie. And its WSF mate:) were you having a drinky poo:bleh:
Welcome to the mad house BCKLOON. Finally posted on the site, nice to see.
Neal
The Skink
Hi Neal...Canny sleep mate...:):)...Naw...nightshift !!! :)

He he he..I was jumping between AN and WSF last night....looking for some "action" :):)
Did an edit tho' .....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rock marks..... hmmmm, let's see..... most of the north coast :D
if you are good at climbing and it's dry weather the very end of holborn head will produce pollack and cod and coley and whatever else is around at the time, great fishing platform, it's just about a 30ft cliff to climb down to get to it :)
I have fished Port Skerra 'natural harbour' rocks and had some good coley from there and the odd cod, get an OS map of the area and have a look at the coastline, it is very much unexplored territory and most rock marks you can physically get to will drop you into 20m of water within easy casting distance even for me :)

good luck and let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Not the best time of year for cod or the wrasse but a couple of marks you could try.

Longberry just south of Wick, pollack, dogs and cod close in. Big baits for the cod, mackerel and squid as good as anything. Follow the road out to the car park near Old Wick Castle and you'll find the access down the cliffs easy enough.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=336500&ay=950500

Murkle to the east of Thurso, chance of wrasse and pollack with occasional cod. See here for one or two maps - http://www.caithnesssaa.plus.com/shore_marks.htm

Might also be worth a look at the rocks near to Scarfskerry harbour but never tried it myself.

Most of the rocky marks are only fishable around low water as access can be a pain when the tide is up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts