World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am to new sea fishing (well really fishing in general). And was wondering if anyone here from N.Ireland can tell me some hotspots for fish and what type of fish am likely to find in these spots. Also any advice on starting out (newbie tips) would be welcome.

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi samjor
you can fish from the shore at Ballycastle or on the rocks behind the harbour.Ballintoy harbour at the flat rocks can be good. other places are cushindun/dall and from the pier at waterfoot. Worm rag or lug works best and you can bur rag at the boat yard at red bay or in any of the local tackle shops.In some of these places it is wise to go along with someone as there can be big sweels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would u happen to know of any shore marks around the Kilkeel/Greencastle area?
Our even around Newcastle area?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've just started too and Bloody Bridge rocks are good for Mackeral and Pollock I'm spinning using the silver lure and have had luck but again I'm also new to this

MickeyG

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Why dont you guys come into the Northern Ireland forum ?
Lots of help to be had chaps..

Dont be shy now, we all have to start sometime/somewhere:cool:

Fedstar...:)

·
13,176 Posts
Just look down the list of sections....you will see "Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland". This thread is 11 years old!

Reactions: fedstar

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Just look down the list of sections....you will see "Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland". This thread is 11 years old!
oops:)

Just do as Mr Gulp say"s Mickey

Fedstar...;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts