World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbs:quick question dose any body have any experience using braid on a 7 ht , penn 525 mag or similar ,when fishing from the shore , a success or a complete disaster..would be casting up to ranges of 130 yds

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
:thumbs:quick question dose any body have any experience using braid on a 7 ht , penn 525 mag or similar ,when fishing from the shore , a success or a complete disaster..would be casting up to ranges of 130 yds
Used it on a 6500 before...Dungeness was interesting as i went home with 7 sets of gear more than i arrived with.....the stiffer fireline works ok, though personally not a great fan of using braid on multis (digs in on itself etc....and can cause occasional problems....no time for that)...don't like using it in big seas,swell etc..as the lack of stretch trips the lead out........:thumbs:

·
Registered
342 Posts
My 525mag spooled with 50lb powerpro, abu 6500 chrome rocket is spooled with 40lb powerpro & my 5501 for spinning is loaded with 30lb powerpro.
I know I bang on about this stuff on many threads but I can`t see past it.
130 yards..... easy. A 300 yard spool fills all of the above reels. It takes a little bit of getting used to but I`ll never go back to using mono. You should feel the fight you get and bite detection is superb. If you fish two rods you should do a comparison with braid vs mono.....no contest. You can get a 150yd spool from fleabay for about £10. just use some old mono to bulk up the spool first. Spinning with it is amazing, you can feel everything that the lure is doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts