World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Shore Rays

841 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Fisherman-Jack 
#1 ·
Other than the stink pit is there any other ray mark with easy access??

Done several searches but the stink pit keeps surfacing.

#2 ·
On these big tides Ken, only other one I can think of is the knap. It throws up rays often, particularly on the big tides. Another advantage on bigger tides is that once you set-up near the top, you wont have to move for 4 hours or more :thumbs:

#3 ·
Monday evening might be good Ken ?

#4 ·
ken you could try fontygary m8 i have good info that it is producing the goods as well as straps and bass,pouting snotties and the occassional doggie but the hounds have been slow this year here very easy mark to get to and deep water right in front of the cliff bud tight uns dude

#7 ·
monknash low waterjacksons bay

the deeps
witches point
are all worth a try on the "RIGHT" tide take care with southerly and westerly winds
yes good ray marks but i wouldnt reccomend them for somone looking for easy access,

rays ledge in porthcawl is a decent mark and only a 5 minute walk from the car.
cods gulley ogmore is also a good ray mark but wouldnt reccomend it on a big tide ,also aberavon pier /beachcan produce a few rays now and again

#8 ·
Hi Ken, I think your best option for easy fishing mark that has been producing is the stink pit!!! recent threads suggest the pier is cleaner than it ever has been and smells of oranges! always a chance of hounds and a big bass aswell.

Im not the biggest fan due to the state and some of the idiots that frequent it but i go where the fish are and have had some cracking fish off there. Why not organise a mini-meet perhaps?

#10 ·
its a popular mark so getting there early is a must! on mid range tides i fish the last 2hrs down and all the way up and sometimes an hr or 2 down if its fishing!!!!! big springs run out past the pier mind so you either wait for the water or go later and take a chance at getting a good spot!

#12 ·
Hi Ken, I think your best option for easy fishing mark that has been producing is the stink pit!!! recent threads suggest the pier is cleaner than it ever has been and smells of oranges! always a chance of hounds and a big bass aswell.

Im not the biggest fan due to the state and some of the idiots that frequent it but i go where the fish are and have had some cracking fish off there. Why not organise a mini-meet perhaps?

sounds like a plan. if others agree i,m all for monday but its a 21:46 tide you would have to be there realy early to garantee a spot

#13 ·
could also try the lawns at ogmore. you can fish just by the gate or any where to the left of it.

#15 ·
place that produces a few of them is down west callet dale fort ,fishing off a concrete platform and your fishing into very deep water,not too many doggies either.hope that ok ken tight uns ryan, see you at next meet:thumbs:

#16 ·
forget about the ratpit fishing been terrible all week these big tides are just not producing down there it was ripping 7oz leads out on the way in today left as the rip began unfishable
hutchwns point is known to produce some rays but not on these big tides
best of luck where ever you decide to go

#17 ·
you should get them at the Knap ken.... only a 2 min walk from the car. Pebbles are probably the only problem can cause a bit of a problem when walkin on em.... let me know where you decide - i might join you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.