World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Furnace 2day 10am-4pm @ first quarry it was very busy most people mackie bashing but not alot of fish! everyone i had spoke to only had 1 or 2. The Mackerel were not about in big numbers even the sm boats further out didnt get much.
I decided to put 1 rod out with fish bait and float fish other with rag lost count of sm pollock & wrasse caught but nothing else :( one of the boys with me caught a strap conger about 2.5lb that was it . left there and went to pick up a couple of guys who had fished @ the Bistro , not much better about 6 Mackerel and a 10oz Red Gunard.
All fish barr a few mackerel were returned to fight another day :)
Oh i was Disgusted by the amount of rubbish,Beer cans & mono left lying around the first quarry thats the worst i have seen it , Its not hard to stick it in a bag & put it in a BIN i can see them trying to stop us fishing there if that keeps up.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Sounds like a not bad day Bmac. At least you had something. I caught mountains of Pollack on the float at Greenock last week. I havent heard of Gurnardss in Loch Fyne for a while, although you probably stand the best chance at the Bistro, cause you're on clean ground with a half decent cast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am surprised there were not loads of mackerel about, there's normaly plenty at this time of year. We are going up on Wednesday, not sure where we will fish yet. I was told the area around the castle, across the Loch from Furnace was a good place to fish, has anyone fished it?

If anglers continue leaving a mess you can be asured the quarry owners will stop allowing us on thier land. I was told they banned all fishing there a few years back because some clowns were lighting fires on the wooden pier. These ****heads only spoil it for everyone else.

Thanks for the report

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts