World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hoping to get any info on the shoreham area at the moment, as the title suggests I'm new to this shore fishing lark and seem to have got stuck in a rockling rut, all I want is to catch fish (ideally), but I would love to increase my species list, I'm currently using 2 hook size 1 flappers but as I tie all my own rigs this could be altered, any help with rigs, marks, times would be greatly appreciated, tight lines to all, rob

Registered
Hi abd welcome. If anyone gives you good advice about the rockling rut let me know. Been in one myself. Its that tine of year i am afraid. Apart from Putting some beads on your rigs and perhaps giving a wishbone rig a go cant see anything wrong. That may help for flatties. But whiting and rockling have good eyesight as wel! The banjo seems most productive at the mo but you need a bit of distance to your cast When the water clears it will get better. Widewater/the church of the good shepard/ burrels and shoreham arm are your main marks. Could try round the back of KA, and the marina east arm is now open. Try a cocktail bait, using a bit of squid. I saw some good plaice coming up with whites this week, but lug and rag are ok with the tip of squid. Also the flats were caught about 2 hours after the low and went quiet at just after high at the banjo. Good luck

G

Welcome to the forum fella,best get onto the southern area with your questions and if you find an answer to the rockling rut patent it and sell it off,the plaice are starting to show along the south coast and it won`t be to long now before the fishing improves......Alan

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks radio rental, all help much appreciated! (Ps I caught more rockling today from w water!!!) Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts