World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished today with half of Sussex on the W/Arm

Very few fish , few Mackie and Gars, 2 mini dabs and this.

About 1 1/2lb , smaller than last one but still worth having.

Unfortunately, had swallowed hook so had to kill it.

Swapped it for a bag of bulleyes. Sorry for crap photo..

G

Attachments

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
nice fish G ....seems to becoming a bit of a habit lol .......rig and bait info would be good

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Jammie bugger, nice one matey. I reckon its the same one that you keep in your pocket for special occasions.

UWI

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Jammie bugger, nice one matey. I reckon its the same one that you keep in your pocket for special occasions.

UWI
Sorry Sean, I can vouch for this one as I saw G take it out of the "Plastic Fish R Us" carrier bag and unwrap it "putting the packaging in the bin"...Nice touch on the website Mr.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Sean, I can vouch for this one as I saw G take it out of the "Plastic Fish R Us" carrier bag and unwrap it "putting the packaging in the bin"...Nice touch on the website Mr.

Cheers
Tony

Doh !! Thought I had sneaked it out without anyone seeing...

Drat & Double Drat . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Rig Wallet was 20 inches square!!
I wish........!!!!!!!!!!

Was talking to a guy next to me today who fished last weekend and had a couple of doggies off the West Arm which doesn't happen very often..

More importantly, he told me that a Fisheries agent was up there and has issued £500 fine on some guy killing and taking under size Rocklings.

Don't know how true this is but he claims the agent watched this guy kill about 3/4 fish before he moved in.

If it is true then "Bloody Good" on him.

G

·
Registered
602 Posts
GREAT!!
lets spread the word
The word about the rubbish went around quick enough, lets hope the Undersized fish penalty will as well
Good on the Fisheries men
Gray

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GREAT!!
lets spread the word
The word about the rubbish went around quick enough, lets hope the Undersized fish penalty will as well
Good on the Fisheries men
Gray
We do at least have a little more ammo for the Generator Boyz. True or not....

G

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as I am aware no MFA or SSFC officer can issue fines. It would be a case for the CPS/magistrates to consider.

I'll seek clarification.

I don't suppose the Fisheries Agent (?) spoke with a Balkan accent?

Ada
You could be right, I was just relaying what I was told. If what you say is correct then what is the point having Fisheries agents with no power.
I assumed they were like any other Government based agency and could do what they liked.

Would be good to get confirmation on this..
G

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Their powers are similar to those of an EA Bailiff. Although I suspect the Marine Fisheries Agency might have powers of seizure and arrest on commercial vessels.

I will find out for sure.

Ada
Cheers,,, Would be interested to learn.

Rgds
G

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gentlemen etc,

The Fisheries guys don't have powers to issue fixed penalty tickets, they report for summons which can lead to a £500 fine, lets hope he did then, that'll see him off, especially after all the dead ling we saw earlier in the year on the wall.

Hope this clears up the questions.

TD

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
While we are talking about the Sea Fisheries officers. Dont forget that a personal guided tour on the Fisheries Patrol vessel is one of the raffle prizes in the PRTP charity open.
Shameless plug i know but still on topic at least.

Cheers

UWI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts