World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished West Arm this morning 6 am - 9.30am. Cold N/E wind.

Managed to christen the new reel with this 2lb Brill ( Am sure that is what it is but have never seen one off Shoreham before.)

Rig was 1 hook flapper and caught on small strip of mackeral.. Had nowt else ..

Hook came out clean so back it went as it promised to return in June..

More importantly no birdies or crack-offs, Thank Mesito for your advice.

PS where the hell were you. Mate,?? No one else there until 8.30am , am I using the wrong soap,??

Rgds

G (AKA BILLY-NO- MATES )

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice Fish G
We use to get a few Brill from the boat quite close in shore
I'm off down there this evening 1830 to 2300
Hope to see you down there on Sunday
Gray

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice fish, it's always nice to get something completely unexpected. I caught a brill from Newhaven East arm about 5 years ago, only one I've ever seen.
Thanks Tiper

Must admit was the last fish I expected to see come over the wall..

Rgds
G

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nice Turbot G, never caught one myself however I do remamber my chemistry teacher having a car like that...:blink: oh no that was a Talbot!.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
WOW very nice fish Grahame!! WTG:clap3:
And I thought missing out this morning would allow you to catch a few flounders :nonono::hypocrite ....... little did I expect a fish like that!!
Seriously well done! - been a long time since I've seen a turbot on the wall, in fact over 20 years.
Couldn't wake the sudent son this morning and I had so much to prepare and digging king rag .......... by the time I was ready was 10 am sigh !
Must get some rest, long drive tomorrow and i got caught in flippin' hour's traffic jam this afternoon grrrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
hi turbot used to be caught of the palace pier back in the old days including a good number of double figured fish,i remember hooking one on hermit crab got it right in up to the pier piles but no one had a drop net on hand and after an attempt to handline it up the pier it just fell off , never did hook another one but saw an absolute huge one lost up in the gap (a fishing spot among the old landing stages ) took a live bait i belive and i know they used to be quite prolific inshore along the brighton and hove coast anyway nice one mate just shows you.. you just never know whats going to take your bait andy

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi turbot used to be caught of the palace pier back in the old days including a good number of double figured fish,i remember hooking one on hermit crab got it right in up to the pier piles but no one had a drop net on hand and after an attempt to handline it up the pier it just fell off , never did hook another one but saw an absolute huge one lost up in the gap (a fishing spot among the old landing stages ) took a live bait i belive and i know they used to be quite prolific inshore along the brighton and hove coast anyway nice one mate just shows you.. you just never know whats going to take your bait andy

Very True Andy, thats what makes sea fishing appealing .

Rgds
G

1 - 15 of 15 Posts