World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to venue and as it was still semi light had a go with a surface lure round the rocks - nothing taking.

set up on arm with 3 hook flapper and a one up one down. bait was squid, sandeel, mackerel and black lug. It looked fishy but should have realised that when it does nothing happens and probably got there bit early.

only fish were a small sole and a weaver at around 2.40am. both to black lug. nobody else seemed to get anything either. Main problem all night was large ammount of stringy weed. after a while the rods were given very fish like bites but each time reeled in to find weed (apart from sole that was hidden in weed and almost missed it). think the weight of weed was giving knocks.

at about 5 am had a go with surface popper, shallow diver and shad around the structure that sticks out between two arms but to no avail although i did see shoal of small mullet or something leaping out of water couple of times.

maybe next time! Now shattered for work.

has anyone had any luck with lures around there?

cheers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
you must have been the guy at the white van in the car park as i rode past on my peugot racing bike!!! i only got a schoolie and the guys fishing near me earlier on were getting schoolies and a few sole. would love to have seen the lure fishing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive done a bit of spining there but no luck i think under the cliffs from brighton to seaford is a good place to go heard of a few taken on lures on that stratch if that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts